Fayette County Tx Folks i need your help

Help Support CattleToday:

dewey

Reaction score
i loaned a herford bull to my Sister that has a lease place near Flatonia Tx. the bull got out and she hasnt located the bull. next Sunday will be 3 weeks he been gone. she has talked to folks around the place and no one has seen the bull. the bull is a polled herford about 2 1/2 to 3 years old weighing about 1250 lbs branded with a JR bar __ under it. its a J with the R coming off it with the bar under it. the place is on FM 154 he is missing from its off 95 going out of Flatonia Tx towards Muldoon Tx. if anyone around Flatonia hears of someone having a stray polled herford bull send me a message and someone to contact. thanks. i am gonna go down there this weekend and see if i cant find him myself. here is a picture of the brand that is on his right hip.

Brands1.jpg

dewey":3mdm0otu said:
i loaned a herford bull to my Sister that has a lease place near Flatonia Tx. the bull got out and she hasnt located the bull. next Sunday will be 3 weeks he been gone. she has talked to folks around the place and no one has seen the bull. the bull is a polled herford about 2 1/2 to 3 years old weighing about 1250 lbs branded with a JR bar __ under it. its a J with the R coming off it with the bar under it. the place is on FM 154 he is missing from its off 95 going out of Flatonia Tx towards Muldoon Tx. if anyone around Flatonia hears of someone having a stray polled herford bull send me a message and someone to contact. thanks. i am gonna go down there this weekend and see if i cant find him myself. here is a picture of the brand that is on his right hip.

Brands1.jpg

Sounds like he's still working! Where did the bull get out? That's where he is apt to be if they have some cows.........my friend Lloyd stolen bull showed up 4-5 weeks later at a neighbors. I told my buddy he needed all his neighbors names and numbers......

they think he walked out a water gap that had been washed out. i havent been to the place. i was wanting them to locate the bull being they loaned him but looks like i will have to find him. i told them if they dont fix the water gap their cows will be wondering off. rule of thumb of mine check the fences before you drop out cows on a place. reason they gave for not checkin the fence where they think he walked out was brush was too thick. they said they talked to the guy that owns the place and he hasnt seen the bull. i was hoping to get lucky putting him on here figuring maybe someone from the area gets on here and may of heard of a stray. saveing me some gas and time.

dewey":1s5vhrgo said:
they think he walked out a water gap that had been washed out. i havent been to the place. i was wanting them to locate the bull being they loaned him but looks like i will have to find him. i told them if they dont fix the water gap their cows will be wondering off. rule of thumb of mine check the fences before you drop out cows on a place. reason they gave for not checkin the fence where they think he walked out was brush was too thick. they said they talked to the guy that owns the place and he hasnt seen the bull. i was hoping to get lucky putting him on here figuring maybe someone from the area gets on here and may of heard of a stray. saveing me some gas and time.

Yes sir. It ain't good.........and they are hard to call.

How far is it from the your place to your sisters where you left him? I've had a bull show up back home that was lent out 4-5 miles away. Obviously i'd look in pastures along his possible route "home." Hopefully somebody just found him and put him up waiting on you to show up.

Yep I agree. You got to meet your neighbors some way! " Let me introduce you to my BUll!:" Thanks for feeding him the last month or so.....

its about 35 miles from the place he was on. i got a call from my Sister the SO called her about a bull that was dropped off at the sale barn in Flatonia Sunday eve. i took off went looked at the bull wasnt mine. talked to the Becks learned alot of who is around the place she has leased. i gave her a couple of numbers and she gained a few more calling the two numbers. one guy seen the bull in a persons place i will find out tomorrow what she found out.

lol at the feeding him last month or so. you drop the feed charges i drop the stud fee. lol

It's looking up for you...............I dont know about your bull yet! :) Glad your getting closer to feeling like you got him!

well we got him back just turned him off the trailer about 2 hours ago. the person across the fence has his cattle fenced off from the creek. the water gaps was washed out he walked down the creek and went to the next place over. he was two places over but now he is back in Gonzales County Tx .

The first thing that should have been done is contact the Texas Southwestern Cattlemen Ranger about the missing bull. Notification would have went to all the brand inspectors at the salebarns. At a dollar a pound mighty tempting to some folks, you got lucky this time.

yeah i did that he was reported to the SO and to them. Texas Southwestern Cattlemen Ranger thats who i reported him to first i had my sister report him the the local SO in the county. that was the first thing i was asked if i had reported him to the SO in the county to incase someone called in a stray. i figured he was in someones place but as you said with cattle prices high as they have been one never know.

Workinonit Farm":3ofwrdgh said:
dewey":3ofwrdgh said:
now he is back in Gonzales County Tx .

I'm glad to hear you got him back. I have been following this saga. Something tells me Gonzales Tx is where he's going to stay :lol: .

Katherine
lol i missed your post earlier and yes your right next time he leaves will only be if someone buys him. i am gonna look around and buy them a bull that way if he gets out its their deal. atleast now they have numbers of people to contact.

thanks Chrisy me too.

He's probably at my place. Got a neighbor that reports anything stray in this part of Texas that it's mine. Next thing I know got the high sheriff pushing them onto my place.

Glad you got your bull back. Don't know why it took so long though.

Latest posts