Fay

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I think its highly likely that our drought is over for a few weeks anyway. Estimating between 5-20 inches of rain. I don't think I'll be cutting hay anytime soon.

at200806_model_zoom.gif

No they can't make up their mind. They say it keeps wobbling around. Last I heard it was going to hit the ocean again outside Jacksonville and build some strength then come back ashore. All their predictions except 1 will soak us pretty good. Its awefully balmy this morning and it feels like you can just touch the water in the air. Its amazing what 2 months can do.

jog if you get the rain.you can bale hay in nov.itll take a few weeks to dry out if yu get 20in of rain.

Well I hope you folks get a little rain. We are still pretty much dry and didn't get enough out of the last one to hardly wet the bottom of the rain gauge. I'll be haulin' water this week or movin the cattle.

Earl Thigpen":24zmnrsa said:
Well I hope you folks get a little rain. We are still pretty much dry and didn't get enough out of the last one to hardly wet the bottom of the rain gauge. I'll be haulin' water this week or movin the cattle.

If it hugs the gulf like one of the projections shows and keeps its westerly track, you might see some of this too. I hope so. I just don't want the wind.

Joo, when you guys in Florida and south Georgia get thru with Fay, send her my way. I'd like her to stay around my place for awhile.

If the storm takes a track up to around Montgomery, I would be on the NE side and hopefully get some rain. We are still many inches below normal for the year and in the 3rd year of drought.

Beefy":3rofg8pf said:
no rain here yet Mr. Jo, how bout you?

We got about a half inch off one band yesterday. Some sprinklings today. I think tonight will be different. Looks like she's going to turn and go down the gulf coast west. I'm not up on the hurricanes but I know if you are on the west side of the eye you will get soaked but what if the eye is south of us? Maybe we will only get a few inches.

you never can tell. its 5 am and quiet as a mouse here. looks like there is some yellow sitting over you.

We got wind and rain right now. Wind is gusting some but not too bad. Probably just enough to put about 5 trees on the fence like last time. :roll: Rain is steady but not too bad. Doesn't look like its going to be too bad but who knows.

Looks like the eastern wall will be coming your way soon. I guess this is where most of the rain will come from. Looks like area north of Brunswick is under a flash flood warning. Maybe it will top out at 5 inches which will be ok. Gonna be some good peanuts this year.

It's 1:41 and I just got back from a farm. Gauge there showed about a half an inch. Steady light drizzle now. Wind is picking up just a little. Maybe 10 - 15 mph. Turkeys are everywhere. I don't know why but I saw nearly 50 in six miles of driving. (and no I haven't been testing them shrooms either) :lol2:

2:44 WIND. Wind will make you hate a pecan tree. Radar is showing a bad cell heading our way with tornado warnings. I don't need the wind. :cry2:

7:53. WIND. 8 tenths of measurable rain in the gauge. probably another2-5 tenths that was going too fast to find the gaugehole, lol?