Favorite Vacation Sites

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
What are your top five vacation sites? Mine are, not necessarily in this order, Colorado Springs and the surrounding 100 mile radius, Mount Rushmore and the surrounding areas, Galveston-Houston area, Dodge City, Kansas, and Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

Humm, vacation? Is that when you take time off from paid work ... find a friend willing feed your animals ... put the dog in a kennel ... and then try to relax wondering if your friend is closing the gate behind them. :roll: It's easier to stay home and make a little campfire under my own stars (I'm being funny, not sarcastic) However, my big dream is to someday take the 7 day Princess cruise ship from WA here to Alaska and back.

kjerckie":3s3lf1c6 said:
Humm, vacation? Is that when you take time off from paid work ... find a friend willing feed your animals ... put the dog in a kennel ... and then try to relax wondering if your friend is closing the gate behind them. :roll: It's easier to stay home and make a little campfire under my own stars (I'm being funny, not sarcastic) However, my big dream is to someday take the 7 day Princess cruise ship from WA here to Alaska and back.

We're going on vacation this saturday as a matter of fact. Early saturday we're going to town for Farmfest at the fairgrounds, then later in the morning the gun show next to the fairgrounds, then back to the fairgrounds in the afternoon for more Farmfest. Then the first of October another vacation, going to Springfield for Farmfest. Then I'll have the rest of the month to feel guilty about wasting so much time away from the farm.

dun

dun":2zixbp7o said:
Then I'll have the rest of the month to feel guilty about wasting so much time away from the farm.

dun

Dun... waste time...never :lol: :lol:

We went camping this summer for 3 days on the Frio river in the hill country.
With all the rain that we had in June , the river was moving pretty good .
I guess yall all know this ,but just in case some one out there doesn't ,Frio = cold in spanish, And it was nice and cold :lol: :lol: :lol:

The campsite is down in a lowspot, as in no cell phone signal!!
It was really great to get away from the world for a little while :lol: :lol:

We will be doing it again next summer,

Vacation now every day of the year! My vacation started when I stopped having to punch a clock about 15 years ago...figuritively told them to "Take this job and shove it."... Never regretted anything. Vacation? Getting up and going to bed when I want to, eating when I want to, daily looking at and caring for the animals, livestock, watching sunset, etc., etc.

Like some said...even if I wanted to take an "away" vacation, hey...try to find someone you can depend on to take proper care of your livestock and find them all alive and well and all accounted for on your place when you get back!

Have a cell phone; however, never turn it on except when on road to get supplies, errands,etc. That's what office phone is for and "voice mail."...lol. And...my wife...she loves the phone...even has a heatset to talk while she's working around here!...LOL.

Some people (especially the "soccer mom" generation) will go into cardiac arrest if they can't answer the phone. ME? "If it's important, they'll call back or drop by our place and visit a spell...right?"

What I like about e-mail: Send message at your convenience; read incoming message at your convenience. The phone doesn't have me on a leash...

Well, vacations are something that we don't get many of, but when it's too wet to hay and the fences are all in good repair, we like to sneak away with the kids and do a little fishing on the Sukunka River. Takes about an hour and a half to get there.

Beautiful mountains, wind in the pines, saskatoon berries to nibble on and sparkling water with that hint of glacier green to it. It's a little slice of heaven, especially with an Arctic Grayling on the end of your line.

Take care.

The great thing about cattle is that you CAN get away for a vacation if you want to. As long as you have good fences and an ample supply of water and grass your good to go. Cattle do not have to be fed and checked everyday, so there is no problem. We like to take the kids somewhere on vacation every year. Its good to get out and see other places and cultures. When we are older and retired hopefully we will have seen enough with the kids and will be staying home and enjoying the ranch. My point was (somehow I got distracted) the post was about favorite vacation spots, so other that the ranch what are your favorite spots?

Running Arrow Bill":22we075s said:
Vacation now every day of the year! My vacation started when I stopped having to punch a clock about 15 years ago...figuritively told them to "Take this job and shove it."... Never regretted anything. Vacation? Getting up and going to bed when I want to, eating when I want to, daily looking at and caring for the animals, livestock, watching sunset, etc., etc.

Like some said...even if I wanted to take an "away" vacation, hey...try to find someone you can depend on to take proper care of your livestock and find them all alive and well and all accounted for on your place when you get back!

Have a cell phone; however, never turn it on except when on road to get supplies, errands,etc. That's what office phone is for and "voice mail."...lol. And...my wife...she loves the phone...even has a heatset to talk while she's working around here!...LOL.

Some people (especially the "soccer mom" generation) will go into cardiac arrest if they can't answer the phone. ME? "If it's important, they'll call back or drop by our place and visit a spell...right?"

What I like about e-mail: Send message at your convenience; read incoming message at your convenience. The phone doesn't have me on a leash...
Gave my boss my notice TODAY !!! Sept. 30th MY LAST DAY !! YEE HAW !!!

ours are (1) Big Island of Hawaii, (2) Jackson Hole, Wyoming, (3) Big Sky, Montana, (4) Yellowstone National Park, and (5) Rocky Mountain National Park Area, Estes Park, Colorado. :D :D :D

I second JB favorite place. Lately vacation from the paying job is spend on a tractor trying to make hay.

dun":80buyyqo said:
kjerckie":80buyyqo said:

We're going on vacation this saturday as a matter of fact. Early saturday we're going to town for Farmfest at the fairgrounds, then later in the morning the gun show next to the fairgrounds, then back to the fairgrounds in the afternoon for more Farmfest. Then the first of October another vacation, going to Springfield for Farmfest. Then I'll have the rest of the month to feel guilty about wasting so much time away from the farm.

dun

we are headed to Springfield for Farmfest this year also. It will be our vacation for this year , unless i find a cattle sale to go to. :lol:

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":2rpst5de said:
Like Dun, I don't think you can beat the farm. :cboy:

At the farm I have my tranquilizers-cows, hunting, fishing, recreation-cows, physical fitness, sightseeing, nature hikes, and I don;t have to put up with a crowd. Except the cows of course

dun

Latest posts