Favorite Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

The best and easiest to use- the 4020 that I still own, a good all around tractor. I use it to rake hay, spray corn, haul silage wagons and pull the disc when we get behind on the corn ground.

Laugh if you want to, but mine would be a 9n Ford.

My great grandpaw had one with a loader and It was basically the first tractor I was ever around. I can remember taking silage to the cows with papaw when I was about 4 or 5 years old. Ahhh the good old days...

My grandpaw still has the tractor, one day I would love to restore it.

Them old 4020's were tough tractors. JD must have made a bazillion of them. Still see them all over the place still goin'.

I got a Ford NAA (1953), a 3000 diesel SOS (1965, I think) and a IH 1486. Of those three I like the IH best but maybe it's the awesome power that tractor has. I was pullin trees up one weekend using a chain with 1/2" links. One tree gave me a little problem so we moved the chain up on the tree to break it over and pulled it out. When I got it to the brush pile my Son tried to unhook but couldn't. Seems the links in the chain had stretched so much they were pinched together. Never was able to do that with the 3000. :)

Belarus 400 (40T). Still running it. Simplest tractor in the world, built like a 20 year old and the juice to go with it.

"In Soviet Russia, tractor drives you!" :cowboy:

John Deere 4020, still got 2 of them both running and in use, and a 1486 IH in use and a great tractor, use it everyday on the feeder wagon, acts like it has 180 horses but it doesnt

killingtime":27pz1t7c said:
Laugh if you want to, but mine would be a 9n Ford.

My great grandpaw had one with a loader and It was basically the first tractor I was ever around. I can remember taking silage to the cows with papaw when I was about 4 or 5 years old. Ahhh the good old days...

My grandpaw still has the tractor, one day I would love to restore it.
No laughing here---First tractor I ever rode on !!!!!!! :)

In 1981 I restored a 1953 Ford Jubilee, right down to the new paint and emblems. Traded it off for 20 sections of PSP and 10 springing heifers. The PSP was worth it by itself without the heifers

dun":1a2vtwr3 said:
In 1981 I restored a 1953 Ford Jubilee, right down to the new paint and emblems. Traded it off for 20 sections of PSP and 10 springing heifers. The PSP was worth it by itself without the heifers
That was a He** of a deal in '81 ! :tiphat:

I have one of my grandpa's 8N Ford tractors. He bought the tractor new in 1950. He actually had three different 8N's at one time. The tractor I have my uncle bought from grandpa's estate sale, and then he had the tractor restored 10 years ago. The tractor still looks great even though it's still used every summer for various light duty chores. The tractor has the Sherman Transmition, with the Under/Over transmition on it. With the tractor in overdrive it goes down the road quite fast, about 27mph I believe. This tractor is featured in Motor Books International, Origionality Guide, Ford N Series Tractors. :cboy:

The latest project is an old Farmall Cub. When I was a little boy my parrents had one, and I remembered it growing up. One of the first tractors I drove. My parrents purchased this tractor, right before my dad died. I restored it, right before my mom died. I will probably never sell this one either.
DSCF0001_001_006.jpg

My next project will probably be the Allis Chalmers D15 that my dad bought brand new in the 60's. That tractor had bailed up hundreds of thousands of square bales over it's life. It has a usefull hand clutch, and good power steering and almost a zero turning radius with the use of the individual brakes. It is the first tractor I ever drove, ran it sitting on my mom's lap when I was like 5 years old.