Favorite Shotgun

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
Here are a couple pic's of my favorite old shotgun.

HPIM0977.jpg

HPIM0977.jpg

I watched a show the other night with Arnold shwarts ???? in it and he was doing some serious pain with one just like it.

Is that a pump with a hammer? Is the old gun a security system or do you hunt with it?

Is that a Model 97 winchester. If so you should be VERY careful about setting is down with a round in the chamber, even if it's not cocked it can fire and hurt someone. Don't ask how I know, just take my word for it.

mnmtranching":2yentoda said:
Is that a pump with a hammer? Is the old gun a security system or do you hunt with it?
Yes mnm it's an old 97 winchester it has a 20 in barrel that is marked full choke and yes i do hunt with it she is good on grouse.3way the spring in the bottom of the action has been fixed to prevent it from going off.

rattler

Rattler, that is a dandy old shotgun. sure wouldn't mind having one like that.
How are things looking up for the Fall hunting adventures? Got a couple good bucks around? How about the grouse? You must have some ruffed around there?

3waycross":31jrwqkc said:
Is that a Model 97 winchester. If so you should be VERY careful about setting is down with a round in the chamber, even if it's not cocked it can fire and hurt someone. Don't ask how I know, just take my word for it.

3way Thank's for the advice my uncle also has one and he had a bad experience with his.

rattler

mnmtranching":6sjavrb2 said:
Rattler, that is a dandy old shotgun. sure wouldn't mind having one like that.
How are things looking up for the Fall hunting adventures? Got a couple good bucks around? How about the grouse? You must have some ruffed around there?

Hey mnm I have saw two Buck this year one was a spike the other was a nice 8 point high and wide but my luck that will be the only time i see him :lol: :lol: as far as grouse i have saw more this year then in recent years their are plenty of fox grape's this year and they are feeding on them seem to be alot of whiteoak acorn's this year game seem's to have quite a bit to feed on here this year.Have you been Elk and Mulie hunting if so need to see some pic's :lol:

rattler

My favorite is my dad's 16 gauge. I'm not a shotgun expert but it's really old and he calls it a "something sweet 16" I can't remember the exact name but I think it's from Belgium. It really is a beautiful gun. He says it's a collector gun, I guess so.

tncattle":3jsf7ioz said:
My favorite is my dad's 16 gauge. I'm not a shotgun expert but it's really old and he calls it a "something sweet 16" I can't remember the exact name but I think it's from Belgium. It really is a beautiful gun. He says it's a collector gun, I guess so.

Probably a Browning. They quit making the "Sweet 16" in Belgium in the mid to early 70's and started back making them in Japan in the late 70's as I recall. I got one of each. Very nice. I am partial to Brownings but like the Model 12 Winchesters and love my Ithaca M37.

I always want one of those Model 97 Winchesters. I know a man that had a WW1 trench gun. This make me want to call him up and offer more for it this time.

Wewild":2a72pw26 said:
Probably a Browning. They quit making the "Sweet 16" in Belgium in the mid to early 70's and started back making them in Japan in the late 70's as I recall. I got one of each. Very nice. I am partial to Brownings but like the Model 12 Winchesters and love my Ithaca M37.

I always want one of those Model 97 Winchesters. I know a man that had a WW1 trench gun. This make me want to call him up and offer more for it this time.

I've got a Ithaca 37 that my Grandpa bought new in 1946. Definately my favorite shotgun.

Not a shotgun, but I've also got my other Grandpa's Remington model 12 pump 22, from the early 1900's with an octagon barrel. Really cool gun.

Nice gun very nicegun, 97 is one of my fav...I also like the Browning auto 5, espically the Remeington version...

I inherited a W.P. Wonder 12 GA single shot from my father. Research indicated it was made around 1900 to 1910 and possibly sold for about $12. Hanging on a wall. Definitely not something I'd want to take a chance on shooting! LOL!

Otherwise, ANY shotgun that fires 100% of the time would be my favorate. :D

mine has 1897 on it..probly the model not the man date tho..havent looked at it in so long i cant rmember

usually i play with my 30-30 or my ar-15

I like the old gun's especially the old Winchesters would love to have a pre64 model 70.I would one day like to find a model 12 shotgun.
diesel beef go www.oldguns.net i think that is the web adress run the serial# it will tell when it was made.

rattler

rattler":p60hhf8i said:
I like the old gun's especially the old Winchesters would love to have a pre64 model 70.I would one day like to find a model 12 shotgun.
diesel beef go http://www.oldguns.net i think that is the web adress run the serial# it will tell when it was made.

rattler

When I was a kid I remember drooling over this pre-64 in 220 Swift at a gun show. They wanted like 500 or 600 bucks for it at the time. Makes me sick now.

Latest posts