Favorite sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
what is everybody's favorite sale to attend? We go to the Ohlde "Basic Blacks" female sale every year and enjoy that. Finally got one too! So I was wondering what sales everybody else like to attend.

The Piedmontese Association Spring production sale will be April 2, 2005 in Paris Tennessee. For a catalog call 573-384-5685 or go to the PAUS website for more information.

My favorite sales are the Oklahoma Beef, Inc. (OBI) sales held in the spring and the fall near Stillwater, OK. Even if I don't have a bull in the sale, I like to go watch. They feed a free lunch and it's worthwhile to talk to other breeders about the bulls they're using. It's also helpful to see how bulls are accepted by the buyers.

Since Deer Creek and Pfeiffers (Angus) sold out, I don't have a favorite female sale. We usually go to the ALOT spring and fall sales.

We try to get to the Oklahoma Cattlemen's replacement female sale held in November each year. They sell mostly commercial heifers and we have sold some commercial heifers there.

camp cooleys annual female and bull sale is a good one but it is rough on the pocketbook

Any TSSA (Texas Simmental / Simbrah Associ.) sale.. they generally have 5-6 a year, spring and fall. It's good to see everyone after the winter, and see what's new and exciting in everyone's herd.

Bull Lady, does the sim ass'n have any sales coming up in NE Texas. In the past I bought Sim Angus from Risingers and R A Brown's and Simmentals from Wendell Reader at Clarksville but I may be looking for another black bull this spring.

I know P3 (I think) usually has a sale down at Longview or Tyler in the spring but most of their bulls are red. Went down there one year to buy some tigerstripes and they were way beyond my budget - and that's when cattle were cheap.

Adam's Ranch Ft. Pierce, FL in November every year. Actually it's the only sale I go to. We breed Brafords. He has the foundation herd. Why go anywhere else?

I would have to cast my vote for the Magness Land & Cattle sale in Platteville, Colorado. It may only come around every second year, but it is well worth the wait. Always a great time with excellent food, drink and atmosphere, along with an exciting auction. This year averaged $10,300 on 79.5 lots of heifer calves and breds.

Ive only ever been to the Willow Oak Chiangus " Best Black Bulls in America Sale" Its really good. Catered food, nice sale barn, beautiful farm. They have some awesome looking Herd bulls. Last year it was on the first day of spring, on a nice March day, this year its in the middle of a cold winter Feb. Saturday.

As far as favorite sales....I would rather watch the sale at one of the local auctions and sit and talk to friends and fellow producers....the registered sales are too drawn out and boring as all get outs.

JB

My favourite sales are South Devon,Brahman and Hereford sales. Love Helmsman sales held here in Australia. They are casual and give a potential purchaser plenty of time to select an alternate animal especially if the chosen one has gone over your budget.
We sell all of our stud SDs and Brahmans and herd bulls in the paddock by private treaty. Don't like Stock and Station agents involvement much. We have never sold an animal because of an agent, its all our own promotion and advertising.

Colin :D

Subsoil.. I'm sorry I didn't answer your question before now! :oops:

7P had a good spring bull sale.. they also sell a bunch in the fall.

The North Texas sale will be in April, and it's going to be in Gainesville.

Latest posts