Favorite quotes

Help Support CattleToday:

We are all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities.

Robert Duvall

If he told you a hen dipped snuff you can bet the hen has her garret under neath her wing.
From a book that was published by a professor in east Texas about sayings around east Texas.

If the cows are standing, the fish are biting.

I have no clue if that's legit, but it's a common quote around here. We get calls/texts all the time, asking if the cows are standing, from friends that want to fish the watershed.

Lots of sayings in Texas Monthly and the one about fish biting and cows grazing is in there.

He who has, must lose...

Fred Engebritson, son of the first white settlers here.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

- Isaac Asimov

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

- Isaac Asimov
Well might as qoute Orwell both are science fiction writers.

Our arrows will blot out the sun!
Then we will fight in the shade.

The day you stop learning is the day you die. -- My dad.
It sure is hard to think positive when you aren't sure. - a little girl hoping for a sunny day while the rain poured down. (me).
Many a slip between a cup and a lip. - Billy the Kid in Young Riders.

Latest posts