Favorite pet

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":zdqjnt28 said:
That's a bit of a new one.. (possum).. I would imagine a racoon could be incredibly entertaining as a pet..

Had a coon when I was a kid raised it on a bottle. Now that critter was entertaining if you can open it so could she. Now they play rough as well.

the coons I had always would bite if you tried to make them do something they did not want to do. The possum never bit when he was about a month old my wife would put him in the pocket of her house coat and he stay there with his head hanging out looking around while she cleaned house. when he got grown he would climb up our pant leg so we would hold him. When my grandson get old enough to raise one I will be trying to find him one, they are easy to find and easy to raise. Yes they are ugly pets

BRYANT":urs5quw4 said:
I have a couple mules that really like to be with people, one I know was imprinted at birth, both of them like people. I have a mountain cur dog that is a very smart dog that will go any place I let him go with me and be very little problem. Leave him in the back of the PU untied and he will be there when I come back. He is just a little over 7 months old but I am very impressed with him so far. As for wild pets I have had several things and the best pet I ever own that was wildlife was a possum, I kept him for several years he got to weigh 11 lbs.
11 pounds? One that big you could cut back on the sweet taters... :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":dzvr1kzj said:
BRYANT":dzvr1kzj said:
I have a couple mules that really like to be with people, one I know was imprinted at birth, both of them like people. I have a mountain cur dog that is a very smart dog that will go any place I let him go with me and be very little problem. Leave him in the back of the PU untied and he will be there when I come back. He is just a little over 7 months old but I am very impressed with him so far. As for wild pets I have had several things and the best pet I ever own that was wildlife was a possum, I kept him for several years he got to weigh 11 lbs.
11 pounds? One that big you could cut back on the sweet taters... :cowboy:
I never ate a possum ,Granny always said she ate all she wanted in the Depression and they were to nasty to eat, now I have ate some Coons that Granny baked and they were some good eating.

BRYANT":3pzv7vsf said:
the coons I had always would bite if you tried to make them do something they did not want to do. The possum never bit when he was about a month old my wife would put him in the pocket of her house coat and he stay there with his head hanging out looking around while she cleaned house. when he got grown he would climb up our pant leg so we would hold him. When my grandson get old enough to raise one I will be trying to find him one, they are easy to find and easy to raise. Yes they are ugly pets
Do you use pool sticks to pass around pots of vittles at the fancy eatin table and does your cousin's uncle have a cement pond in his back yard?

greybeard":2y0ctroa said:
BRYANT":2y0ctroa said:
Do you use pool sticks to pass around pots of vittles at the fancy eatin table and does your cousin's uncle have a cement pond in his back yard?
No pool sticks or cement ponds , but they were raised in some hard times and had to eat things worse than a possum. Granny could cook up some good eating out of things that other people might not would eat, carp patties, fried ell, they never threw a way a drum fish. squirrels o my goodness fry em , dumplings and you always ate the brains. Hard times will make you learn to eat things that you might not would other wise. It will also teach you to stretch a dollar and make it last I am happy to say when they left this world ,in their 80's, they had showed me a lot of things that the younger generation does not know and never will. They also saved and pinched every penny they could and left this world having done well in life but " no cement ponds".

Very true Bryant.. which is why I am not jumping on the "ban dog meat" bandwagon in Korea.. Like any animal, they should be raised and slaughtered with respect, but yes, hard times will make you a lot less fussy about what's on your plate, as long as there is something there... I've had mountain lion, I'd eat horse in an instant, I've eaten at enough chinese restaurants I've probably had some Garfield snuck in there.. young bear is delicious.

Nesikep":2454da3e said:
Very true Bryant.. which is why I am not jumping on the "ban dog meat" bandwagon in Korea.. Like any animal, they should be raised and slaughtered with respect, but yes, hard times will make you a lot less fussy about what's on your plate, as long as there is something there... I've had mountain lion, I'd eat horse in an instant, I've eaten at enough chinese restaurants I've probably had some Garfield snuck in there.. young bear is delicious.
Sounds like some of the mexican food served up down here in some of these choke and puke restaurants. No idea what the meat really is.....Just follow up each bite with a bite off a jalapeno pepper and keep eating. You'll never see any stray animals around one of these places although there may be a few caged or on chains.

I liked my cat that I had for 13 years then she died. Not that wild about the cat we have now especially when she is in heat. I loved the parrots we had in Honduras. I liked teaching them to say stuff. Didn't like the monkey my dad had dang thing was mean he would bite. Dogs have been hit and miss some I liked some not so much.

Latest posts