Favorite Largemouth Bass Lure

Help Support CattleToday:

A worm and a bobber. Hopefully in a nice shady location with a cold one. Maybe take a nap and check the bobber when I wake up.

I like to relax when fishing.

Use a 3inch grub all of the time. Also works on a buzz-bait to give it more bulk and a little flotation. The worm and lizard are long enough to cause a lot of short hits. The other problem with the worm is it will wrap around things when they are fished in the wood where they belong.

Jitterbug and Hula Popper are both still made--they are Fred Arbogast products and are hard to beat for top water on ponds. I like the jointed jitterbug better than the rigid single piece jitterbug. I use the dark Rebel Pop R a lot too, late in the evening and right after dark. Used to use a dark Bomber a lot too.
Watch the new Jitterbugs tho--twice, I've set and pulled back just the aluminum part in the front--the screw in eyelet just pulled right out of the body. They don't make em like they used to.
Daylight till about a hour later I use a double bladed spinner, with a black tail skirt, then switch over to buzz baits.
Most over rated lure ever-- IMO, was a shyster. Caught a few crappie with the, but never caught a bass with one. I haven't used one in 20-30 years tho.
My favorite bait tho is a big ol shiner fished shallow under a little bobber.

mwj":1x221heq said:
Use a 3inch grub all of the time. Also works on a buzz-bait to give it more bulk and a little flotation. The worm and lizard are long enough to cause a lot of short hits. The other problem with the worm is it will wrap around things when they are fished in the wood where they belong.

I always thought they would naturally short strike a buss bait. I used to use a trailer hook to help solve that. It wasn't 100% but it helped.

mwj":3irtg205 said:

We "worm fishermen" don't have those problems. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":1s88iumm said:
mwj":1s88iumm said:

You are saying you use a full size worm to dress a spinnerbait!!

White spinnerbait with a copper colored colorado blade and trailer hook with white grub.

mwj":2jsvntzj said:
TexasBred":2jsvntzj said:
mwj":2jsvntzj said:

You are saying you use a full size worm to dress a spinnerbait!!

No..I have no problem with it wrapping around things when fished in the wood (downed timber)

I caught this fish this afternoon in our pond on a white Storm wobble tail minnow. I believe it is the same one I caught about a month ago on a chartruse Storm Minnow but I moved him to this location from another pond and his color has changed to a lighter color from a deeper green. Before you ask.... it went back in the pond. My pond is about an acre and I cast about halfway across in the shallows. The fish took it almost as soon as it hit the water and went away from me across through deep water peeling off line. I could hardly wait until he broke water just to see how big he was. It was exciting to say the least.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts