Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HH Advance 767G

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • CL 1 Domino 9126J 1ET

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • C-S Pure-Gold 98170

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Well Heck George ...this one is a challenge for me...as you listed a number of bulls we have used...and one that we purchased a daughter of...all of them bring something a little different to the table. The Yankee's we have are moderate framed, thick, and big volume cattle. The Harlands are simply awesome calving, and his daughters are beautiful and nice uddered. The heifer we bought is a Neon daughter...and she is super easy fleshing...all these bulls have great carcass numbers...with high accuracy. We also used a double bred Achiever son...no daugthers calved yet....but they are long, stylish cattle with nice straight lines. I have seen a number of 157k sons that I really liked...might even use one next year...all reports are that the females have nice udder structure too. Sooo...who do I pick ??? You cannot deny the number of great breeding cattle that have come out of 9126 or 767...MAN...you made this tough LOL !! Ok.....I will vote...can you guess who I will pick ??? :)

Jen

Well I;m pretty sure I have all the 8020 semen up in Canada and the 552 was the sire of my Lad bull at Genex and his mom is an 8020 granddaughter lol. Love those baldies they both make you usuaslly cull an 8020 for old age.

Couldnt sleep so I came down to play on the computer. I voted. But I think all bring something to the table. I have some 552's and they are doing ok. 8020 is hard to beat in my opinion. JHH

552 died without much semen up here-when they announced it at our Alta Genetics meeting I went to the bathroom and bought it all up on the way back to the meeting. I sold it all to Fraser's -it as going to more good in their PB cows since it was in short supply. Then I got lucky enough to find a purebred breeder with 100 straws of 8020 at $20 I gathered that up so got lucky on that. He was barely used up here-Fraser's were the only ones that used him heavy-sold some very good sons over the years Aron Doerkson at Gem bought a good one that they're still using at nine or ten-I think they're ran twenty some sons in their commercial herd too. Douglas Lake spent the most money they ever have on an 8020 son-they run 5-6000 cows so run alot of bulls. It's hard not to like him the cows are sound as well maybe even sounder than the dollar and seem to last for a long time-my oplkdest are tens and show no signs of weakening as yet.

I voted for 767G. I used him some. Very impressive calving ease. I think the spread in his bw to yw epd is impressive and his milk epd is impressive and those things make him stand out. That being said....I don't think his yw and milk epds proved themselves in my herd.

I would have voted for User 1 choice of 5131, he was on dams side of two out of my last three polled herd sires.
good bull.
5131e.jpg