favorite holiday recipes?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I have my own holiday recipes but would be interested in hearing what some others cook for Thanksgiving/Christmas, traditionally recipes in particular.

Thanks

GMN

Any holiday and any other day as well a wonderful recipe.

1 Jigger good bourbon or rum
3-4 ice cubes
Coke to taste

Stir, drink, repeat. :drink: :lol2:

TexasBred":2zfo0689 said:

3-4 ice cubes
Coke to taste

You would come along and ruin some good whiskey with coke wouldn't ya? :lol:

Maple Cranberry Sweet Potatoes

5 medium sweet potatoes (peeled)
salt
1 1/2 cups cranberries
1 cup pure maple syrup (no substitutions)
3 TBSP butter (no substitutions)

1. Boil sweet potatoes about 20 minutes until fork tender
2. Boil maple syrup until it's reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes).
3. Add cranberries, butter, and 1 tsp. salt to maple syrup and cook on medium heat until cranberries pop
4. Cut cooled sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick slices and layer into baking dish
5. Poor maple-cranberry syrup over sweet potatoes
6. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes until hot

(Can be prepared & refrigerated the day before except for Step #6 -- as long as you bring the dish and contents up to room temp. prior to baking)

grannysoo":1levj99x said:
TexasBred":1levj99x said:

3-4 ice cubes
Coke to taste

granny...I did say "to taste". :lol2:

TexasBred":1b4jmce0 said:
grannysoo":1b4jmce0 said:
TexasBred":1b4jmce0 said:

3-4 ice cubes
Coke to taste

granny...I did say "to taste". :lol2:

To taste = None! :mrgreen:

grannysoo":3b6ctt5k said:
TexasBred":3b6ctt5k said:

3-4 ice cubes
Coke to taste

I agree never knew why anyone would want to ruin good whiskey with coke

My faovirte holiday recipe is tyo stay home and not answer the phone!

MistyMorning":2nuwgx6s said:
dun":2nuwgx6s said:
My faovirte holiday recipe is tyo stay home and not answer the phone!

My favorite holiday recipe is FOR you to stay home and not answer the phone!
Your wish is my command, consider it done!

GMN":19htxygn said:
I have my own holiday recipes but would be interested in hearing what some others cook for Thanksgiving/Christmas, traditionally recipes in particular.

Thanks

GMN

One thick piece of mouth watering balogna, spread with mayonaisse between two pumpernickel pieces of bread. Then cut in quarters and run a toothpikck through each one after shaving off the crust.

Who came up with the recipe for baloney?? Amazing how good it is occasionally jammed between a couple of slices of bread.

I really was intterested in knowing what others cooked on the holidays, those true tradition recipes-thanks ya all for hijacking the thread and ruining the fun!

GMN

GMN":3dsubxjs said:
I really was intterested in knowing what others cooked on the holidays, those true tradition recipes-thanks ya all for hijacking the thread and ruining the fun!

GMN

Sorry GMN..guess I started it....back to the original question. I assume your talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Meals for both are pretty similar at our house.... There is usually the traditional turkey with dressing as well as ham and a roast, green beens, some kind of greens, squash, corn, rolls, cornbread, several salads and other veggies, numerous pies (chocolate, sweet potato, coconut, pecan) lot of sweet tea and strong coffee....No liquor allowed during family holidays. Christmas dinner is always served on Christmas day (no Christmas eve dinner as we go to midnight mass). Everybody brings something so my wife doesn't have to do all the cooking. About 2:30 the coffee comes out and more "snacking" begins.

GMN":3e0ofj7w said:

GMN

I thought it was funny, even if off topic.
My sister is currently our designated Thanksgiving host. I've never been asked to cook anything. :cry2:
Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and a salad. If I don't get 5000 calories before dessert, I have only myself to blame.

Sadly one of my favorite holiday recipes is lost. Great-grandma used to make her sweet potatoes into balls with a perfectly melted marshmallow inside and a crunchy coating outside. We have never been able to replicate them. :cry2:

Latest posts