Favorite Cold Remedies

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":tdzmbeec said:
If I begin to get congested and the flim begins to look greenish I know I'm fixing to get a nasal infection so I begin my treatment with 5-way calf scour boluses along with Zicam to keep my head cleared. I can't afford to be sick and haven't been sick since I began using this treatment to ward it off. (I know many of you will think this wrong but the way I see it, tetracycline is tetracycline)

:lol: Aren't they just a little hard to swallow?

john250":ebasdkwr said:
Jogeephus":ebasdkwr said:
If I begin to get congested and the flim begins to look greenish I know I'm fixing to get a nasal infection so I begin my treatment with 5-way calf scour boluses along with Zicam to keep my head cleared. I can't afford to be sick and haven't been sick since I began using this treatment to ward it off. (I know many of you will think this wrong but the way I see it, tetracycline is tetracycline)

You do need a good drink of water. :nod: My doctor, who has cattle too, gave me the correct doseage and said there was nothing wrong with it. Turns out he suggested my taking 5 a day rather than the three I presribed myself. It will knock it right out.

Now the stomache flu cure is castor oil, orange juice and baking soda. You need to drink this real fast or you'll puke but it does work and fast.

Jogeephus":3rt02knw said:
john250":3rt02knw said:
Jogeephus":3rt02knw said:

You do need a good drink of water. :nod: My doctor, who has cattle too, gave me the correct doseage and said there was nothing wrong with it. Turns out he suggested my taking 5 a day rather than the three I presribed myself. It will knock it right out.

Now the stomache flu cure is castor oil, orange juice and baking soda. You need to drink this real fast or you'll puke but it does work and fast.

I'm praying I don't get the stomach flu.

Took a steaming hot bath, turned up my electric blanket, took some Nyquil and went to bed at 8:30pm. Woke up at 4 am sweating like crazy. Turned the blanket down.
Woke up again at 8 am feeling a bit better.
Will try the whiskey tonight, hubby has a bottle of Wild Turkey. Not my favorite, but it will work.
No longer have a low grade fever or the chills.

Just a stuffed nose and a cough now.
Been washing my hands like crazy. Got a spray bottle that has a water/bleach solution in it.
Drinking alot of water.

Thanks for all the remedies. Need to keep some honey and lemon juice on hand along with alot of other stuff.

I luv herfrds":3097wqql said:
Got a doozy of a cold right now.
What is your favorite remedy?

Already took some asprin, Airborne, soup, and a steaming hot bath. Been sucking on cough drops all day.

ILH
I don't think I like you anymore all this talk about colds and now I got one did you send me the virus over the internet :lol: :lol:

Just joking don't worry I am SElf medicating with the prescription I gave you
glad you are feeling a little better

That whisky, lemon, and honey remedy was called a "hot toddy" by my uncle. He said it always cured his cold.