Favorite Christmas present

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I usually don't have what I would call a favorite Christmas present, but this year I have to say I do. A young couple we have been mentoring with their cattle, surprised us with Christmas gifts this year. Many years ago when the boss was a young buck he rode bulls, we told Matt and Jen about it and The boss told them he still had his old bull rope out in the barn. We had no idea that they had taken the old gear bag

831.photobucket.com/user/gizmom/media/8EFBC736-C6A8-4720-A6B8-477B2014235E_zps1pevjbb8.jpeg.html]
8EFBC736-C6A8-4720-A6B8-477B2014235E_zps1pevjbb8.jpeg
[/URL]

I can't wait to get this hung up on the wall! Without a doubt one of the most unique gift ideas I have ever seen. Sure brings back sweet memories.

Not a present, but favorite Thank You.
22 year old trap shooting, duck hunting niece got a Berretta 300 12 gauge shotgun from her Dad.
She broke out bawling... pretty special to make your daughter cry with a gift... that's the best kind of Thank You.

p.s.
Her 17 year old girlie girl sister silently mouthed to me "My Family is sooo Red Neck" I mouthed back, "I Know!"
She was very happy with her snowboard and ski boots, but no tears.

gizmom":2o01fjxn said:
I usually don't have what I would call a favorite Christmas present, but this year I have to say I do. A young couple we have been mentoring with their cattle, surprised us with Christmas gifts this year. Many years ago when the boss was a young buck he rode bulls, we told Matt and Jen about it and The boss told them he still had his old bull rope out in the barn. We had no idea that they had taken the old gear bag

831.photobucket.com/user/gizmom/media/8EFBC736-C6A8-4720-A6B8-477B2014235E_zps1pevjbb8.jpeg.html]
8EFBC736-C6A8-4720-A6B8-477B2014235E_zps1pevjbb8.jpeg
[/URL]

I can't wait to get this hung up on the wall! Without a doubt one of the most unique gift ideas I have ever seen. Sure brings back sweet memories.
That's neat,, some folks are gifted at coming up with ideas like that...and decorating...

That is a very nice gift. We used to have a lady in town that would do stuff like this. All you had to do is bring her the items and you would get it all back in one form or another. The wife took her several of her dad's things (lariat, curry comb and most I don't remember) and got back the coolest wreath using the rope with everything attached. Hung on the wall for many years.

I can't say it's my favorite, but we play the white elephant thing with being able to steal gifts. After being stolen from and stealing myself I was left with a small electric heater. I used to think my desk was the coldest place in my house, but I don't anymore.

A 200 year old mineral oil bottle found by my mom in my late grandmothers country store that's been closed 60 years. My great grandmothers preserve dish. And my sister gave me a john deere advertising pencil that my greatuncle carried in his bibs. The logo was pre 1968 I knew him as a child and really looked up to him. I asked for old family things and had a wonderful Christmas!

This year my favorite gift is a necklace with the coordinates of my family's lake house engraved into it. My father got a new record player and he's been playing it every night since.

That bullrope is really something special. I like gifts like that that have special meaning. I think the pencil is probably one of the coolest gifts I've heard of in a long time.

I'm really into reading, and my wife got me a book from 1895 that is a history of the beginnings of the US. That was probably the coolest thing I got. I also got a couple of Lego sets from my son who is 7. He gets me stuff like that so we can build them and play with them together, which is really special to me.

My wife took a girls senior pictures 2-3 years ago at my Grandpa's homestead. Gravel road is named after us. She seen a seed corn sign with grandpa's name and our last name on it. She managed to have the homeowner get it down. Needless to say my dad and some uncles and aunt's are not very happy they missed it at the farm sale and now I got it!

A doctor gave me a down blanket. Wouldn't you know i'd Be sick and running fever. This down blanket has been wonderful.

I also got a Henry rifle in 22 caliber. My old Winchester 22 only fires about half the time. I've been to sick to try the Henry yet but really want to give it a whirl.

slick4591":1qrkulwa said:
I can't say it's my favorite, but we play the white elephant thing with being able to steal gifts. After being stolen from and stealing myself I was left with a small electric heater. I used to think my desk was the coldest place in my house, but I don't anymore.
We do that white elephant thing too, but some of our guests this year didn't understand and bought & brought 'real' gifts.
I ended up with two 1 1/2" to 1" threaded pipe bushings. :banana: :banana: :banana:

greybeard":1vjfwahc said:
slick4591":1vjfwahc said:
We do that white elephant thing too, but some of our guests this year didn't understand and bought & brought 'real' gifts.
I ended up with two 1 1/2" to 1" threaded pipe bushings. :banana: :banana: :banana:

We do it that way. They refer to it as white elephant, but everyone brings something they would like to have themselves. Works out pretty good.

Cool gift gizmos.
We've been giving our oldest son and his wife cows for Christmas for several years. The home raised pork we receive back is the best money can't buy.

slick4591":2jhj9hdt said:
greybeard":2jhj9hdt said:
slick4591":2jhj9hdt said:

We do it that way. They refer to it as white elephant, but everyone brings something they would like to have themselves. Works out pretty good.
We bring something useless, worn out and something we would never buy or have a use for ourselves.
That way, we don't feel bad about throwing it away, as we are all old, and have way too much 'stuff' already.

Latest posts