Favorite Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

I have Angus, Brangus, Gebvieh. I like my Angus :D , My Brangus are a pain in the ARSE :shock: , but great mommas. Gelbvieh are super to be around :heart: . Looking forward to Balancer calf crop.
I have looked at the Pie, ugh Pei, or Peamontese. (PEE WORD) website. Very interesting. May try one for freezer. :idea:

Brahmas is my favorite in Texas.They do very well in harsh conditions,eat anything like a goat,grow and gain weight fast,
some are gentle as a house cat,do very well in crossbreeding.
Have to have Brahmas to start from Square 1.

I truley love my Red Angus, great carcass produces, good mothers, and the temperment isn't bad either. The only problem with it is up here in the mitten there is no market for them. They're all obsessed with shorthorns or any black cattle. But I am trying a cross on one of my cows with a PB Maine to get some clubby mommas.

On the topic of every one insulting everyone else, just STOP IT!! There are grown adults on this board who are arguing like children, what happened to a little respect for our fellow cattlemen?? (And yes I did just insult people, but hey I'm a teenager so I'm not a grown adult just yet :D ) Many people don't respect us for what we do, so lets at least be polite on this board.
Michelle