Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Maine Anjou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shorthorn

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Simmental

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
My favorite are Gyr, but I don;t own any and would lose my butt if I did.

dun":3bvwkcbx said:

Oh he[[ Dun why not just buy a couple for pasture ornaments. You can't have that much but left anyway. :lol2:

3waycross":mlhvt6w4 said:
dun":mlhvt6w4 said:

Oh he[[ Dun why not just buy a couple for pasture ornaments. You can't have that much but left anyway. :lol2:
Believe me, I'm tempted.

alftn":2adwt4zm said:
Well I can not believe that so many people think hereford their fav. breed....2 to 1 over angus, wonder how many of those hereford voter do not own herefords??????

I voted for Hereford and I don't own any. Second choice would be Holstein and I don't own any of those either. I have my reasons. Is that a problem for you?

alftn":2oe0cc2z said:
Well I can not believe that so many people think hereford their fav. breed....2 to 1 over angus, wonder how many of those hereford voter do not own herefords??????
:lol2: alf, why you wanna stir something up agin when everybody's gettin along so swell and kissin and holdin hands on this topic?

Van C , what you do or believe based on what you think aint no skin off my nose, good luck and more power to you .....

Secondly , You do not have do ask me If I have a problem with (THAT) , Most know when I have a problem with something, subtlity is not my thing....
I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I THINK....

Third, I keep thinking of th old Jimmy Stward movie about herefords (the rare breed?), and think that movie gave Hereford a boost ...

And it is about FAVS , not logic, or money, or even reality....

think about this for a minute if u really luv herefords or gyr or buffalo there is no reason that i can think of why u cant have 1 or 2.think about this unless u r tied to a higher authority.alot of people have dogs cats horses that have cattle too.yes some horses and dogs r worth a little money ,but how many people have plug horses not worth a bullet.eating feed never getting rode .dog feed always vet bills.when they could have 1or2 cows of a breed that they love .i had a guy tell me i couldnt have brahman cows in northwest arkansas .i have close to 30 fullbloods know.sometimes i am docked somtimes i come out better than any cattle at the salebarn on the f1 heifers. u people do know u just have one life to live do it with what u like.dont tell us u luv a breed but cant have ,sounds to me like u relly dont like them, if i couldnt have eared cattle im done

bishopcattleco":13yyjy86 said:
think about this for a minute if u really luv herefords or gyr or buffalo there is no reason that i can think of why u cant have 1 or 2.think about this unless u r tied to a higher authority.alot of people have dogs cats horses that have cattle too.yes some horses and dogs r worth a little money ,but how many people have plug horses not worth a bullet.eating feed never getting rode .dog feed always vet bills.when they could have 1or2 cows of a breed that they love .i had a guy tell me i couldnt have brahman cows in northwest arkansas .i have close to 30 fullbloods know.sometimes i am docked somtimes i come out better than any cattle at the salebarn on the f1 heifers. u people do know u just have one life to live do it with what u like.dont tell us u luv a breed but cant have ,sounds to me like u relly dont like them, if i couldnt have eared cattle im done
bishop, I know you too have seen it...everything with white face is a hereford, everything black is angus and if it's got ear it's a brimmer. A lot of those cattle really hurt the reputation of the "real thing". For whatever it's worth...everytime I see on of those long eared, long legged skinny brimmer heifers about 8=10 months old go thru the sale barn everybody in the house tries to get her and she really "rings the bell".

bishopcattleco":3p8v89uf said:

I live in a town within the village limits. I don't own any other land. Like most towns, there are ordinances against keeping farm animals within the village limits. I guess that would be the higher authority you're talking about. Hopefully some day I'll be able to buy a little place with a few acres out in the country. If and when that happens, I can assure you I'll have a few head, probably Herefords. If I knew growing up what I know now, I'd already have them, but that's another story.
Don't get me wrong. I'm quite happy with the way my life has turned out all things considered. I have a wonderful, loving family, a pension from one job and another decent job. We were able to send our two sons through college and they are doing quite well. We have four beautiful grandchildren and another on the way. Those things are far more important to me than anything else right now. But I still hold onto the dream.

P.S. Anyone wishing to donate to the "VanC Dream Fund" can contact me and I will PM you with furthur instructions. :tiphat:

If I could find some red Gyr cows I would probably have a couple. They woudln;t be optimum in this neck of the woods, but would at least live. So, without that we raise Red Angus and red baldys.

thanks santa d reds. dun i will buy the heifers .u will get docked on the steers dont gyrs have excellent milking ability.i started with no help other then good advicem and lucky to be born in america.i get docked every time i go to walmart buy gas .john deere new holland ,insurance ,buy a new truck.but i pay all bills provide for my wife and shitlins.keep 20 heifers every year. and tell my son he is the luckiest kid in northwest ark because we have brahman and f1 cattle. texas bred they sold 3 braford pairs black babies brought 1250.when they came in the ring everyones eyes got big u could hear aaww unlike straight black pairs 1000 pair.even little little brangus baby heifers week old 175 bucks. vanc i apologies that would be hard i cant imagine my life without my cattle i just walk out in the field petting them like a person would in a neighborhood greeting neighbors.i guys im spoiled.us thanks guys

bishopcattleco":7lvxz7hb said:
thanks santa d reds. dun i will buy the heifers .u will get docked on the steers dont gyrs have excellent milking ability.i started with no help other then good advicem and lucky to be born in america.i get docked every time i go to walmart buy gas .john deere new holland ,insurance ,buy a new truck.but i pay all bills provide for my wife and shitlins.keep 20 heifers every year. and tell my son he is the luckiest kid in northwest ark because we have brahman and f1 cattle. texas bred they sold 3 braford pairs black babies brought 1250.when they came in the ring everyones eyes got big u could hear aaww unlike straight black pairs 1000 pair.even little little brangus baby heifers week old 175 bucks. vanc i apologies that would be hard i cant imagine my life without my cattle i just walk out in the field petting them like a person would in a neighborhood greeting neighbors.i guys im spoiled.us thanks guys

No need to apoligize to me. I wouldn't trade what I've got now for all the cattle in the world. But I wouldn't mind having both. ;-)
I see you're a man that appreciates what he has and doesn't complain about what he doesn't have. I like that.

vanc my son is eatup with cattle .he is so interested in crossing brahma cattle .so this year we put a brahman bull on our hol x nurse cows.he wont shutup for atleast 8 more months

bishopcattleco":gh8ybksb said:
vanc my son is eatup with cattle .he is so interested in crossing brahma cattle .so this year we put a brahman bull on our hol x nurse cows.he wont shutup for atleast 8 more months
Having owned and even milked some of these crosses in the dairy barn you won't be disappointed.

alftn":9b3q8622 said:
Van C , what you do or believe based on what you think aint no skin off my nose, good luck and more power to you .....

Secondly , You do not have do ask me If I have a problem with (THAT) , Most know when I have a problem with something, subtlity is not my thing....
I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I THINK....

Third, I keep thinking of th old Jimmy Stward movie about herefords (the rare breed?), and think that movie gave Hereford a boost ...

And it is about FAVS , not logic, or money, or even reality....
well i agree with you on that one
:cowboy:

Latest posts