• Shorthorn

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Simmental

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
alacattleman":1y4ktsju said:
Idaman":1y4ktsju said:
Herefords, in my view should be separated into two breeds :D
the paddock variety and the bear killer's :cowboy: after reading your post and seeing your pictures i can see where a good set of horns would be handy

We call them trophy heads.

With the will to live. :)

I for one am appalled that my favorite breed is not listed
How could anyone make up a list of cattle breeds and leave out the most profitable,best tempered,highest feed consuming ,low birthweight, moderate framed sized and easy doing capabilities of the

Imbalancer

Angus Cowman":16n5tnsl said:
How could anyone make up a list of cattle breeds and leave out the most profitable,best tempered,highest feed consuming ,low birthweight, moderate framed sized and easy doing capabilities of the

Imbalancer

Now yer talkin. Do they come registered, and commercial?

I know commercial isn't a breed but seeing that they are the most abundant by far I thought they deserved a spot. I know many cattlemen who insist registration papers are an indicator of an inferior animal. And I'm sorry I can't count but it happens.

My favorite breed isn't on here either. I like these the best, they are easy fleshing ,require zero feed, and just a quick dusting once and a while .. :lol2: :p

IMG_2744.jpg

Red Angus... On the poll I suppose you could say Angus and derivative breeds, which would include red angus and murrey greys...

3waycross":1q36ap0y said:
Angus Cowman":1q36ap0y said:

Imbalancer

Now yer talkin. Do they come registered, and commercial?
They are just registered stock and as of the last time I talked to Jo about it he was only releasing semen on a limited basis and only after one of the association members inspected your herd to make sure the semen would not be used in any cow that did not meet the breeding criteria
The imbalancer program has been linebred and inbred just to acheive the major defects and if the semen or embryo's were used in a superior animal then it could set the whole breeding program back yrs and the development of an offspring with Imbalancer breeding might bring about success and fame that the originators could no longer live their normal daily lives and it would more than likely be the ruination of the breed and the breeders

Looks like all the angus defects made everyone jump ship and switch to Hereford. :lol2:

Not a shock to anyone for my vote... Beefmaster

I checked that under Brahman influenced, however, it has Hereford and Shorthorn so I should have added a vote to each of those as well.

[Edited for bad typo]

Redo the poll and add the better breeds to the list (along with a couple good ones that are listed)

Folks has pastures full and they are not on the list.

WELL THE POLL DOES SAY FAVORITE BREED......

Not the breed that makes money......That would be, ANGUS - BLACK ANGUS......

It also does not reflect the fact that Black Angus is 10 times larger than any thing else.

You also have to take into fact that Bramma are only use because of NEED, If I live one step this side of hell , they would be a FAV of my also...

I am a NOVICE, but I raise BEEF cattle, NOT NOVITY CATTLE....

Of course less not forget the breed that have very little BEEF use, Yet there are alot of people here that Do raise NOVITY cattle....Mini,Horns,etc....