Favorite Breakfast

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
For those of you who love breakfast time like I do; what is your favorite one?
Mine is country ham (with the bone in it), 2 eggs (overhard), biscuits and gravy, one pancake (maple syrup), hot black coffee, and orange juice. And if I dont have the ham I use deer meat.
Let's hear yours........

All I normally eat at breakfast anymore is a bowl of cereal, something with lots of twigs in it for the fiber, (gotta stay reg'lar!) and maybe some fruit in it. I like blueberries.

If I have time, I like biscuits and gravy with a little ham.

Don't eat breakfast during the week, but Saturday morning I love a couple of eggs, over medium, good thick cut bacon, biscuits and honey, a cup of coffee and a glass of milk.

Favorite would be a slab of ham, 3-4 eggs over easy, fried taters and refried beans

I had my favorite one a few hours ago. French toast out of homemade bread, fresh strawberries out of the green house, canned stewed apples, and country fried deer stake.

Most mornings are muffins, rabbit or deer, apples that we canned, and bananas are always on the table. If I see snow when I get up I do oatmeal instead of the muffins. If I don't make it back to the house to cook in time the kids will get out the cereal and eat.

Don't eat breakfast much, but every couple of weekends, I go to the truck stop restaurant a mile up the road and get a big omelet- sausage, ham, and cheese, with a side of hash browns. Gravy's poured on top of it, and I get a side of toast. Gotta have some milk or OJ to drink as well.

Dun, refried's at breakfast? I'm glad you are in Missouri, friend.

mobgrazer":2tlmnojm said:
rabbit or deer apples that we canned.
huh. That sounds interesting.
Where are all the people who make fun of lutefisk now??

ps ~ "gravy" and "breakfast" in the same sentence crack me up! :lol2:

angie":qng28ujt said:
12 oz can of diet coke, 600 mgs of ibuprofin, and a couple of cigarettes. :roll:
Breakfast that will stick with ya huh Angie?? :)

But why does breakfast and gravy sound funny to you?

Ham, 2 eggs over easy, hash browns, and toast. Water or milk to drink, can't stand cafe coffee, too aciditic.

angie":fa0b0j5z said:
mobgrazer":fa0b0j5z said:

White gravy made of flour, milk and grease from whatever you fried. A Southern staple. Eat too much of it and you will have to go to the car wash to shower. No nutritive value whatever. I think it was invented during the Civil War and afterward to fill the belly on whatever was available. It ain't bad. A compliment to any fine meal.

angie":1ug5jt38 said:
mobgrazer":1ug5jt38 said:
You forgot the comma in that.

We eat as much as we can off our farm. What's wrong with eating rabbit, deer, and canned apples?

As far as eating cod that was soaked in lye. I would try it as long as the smell did not turn me off.

Lammie":2djag583 said:
angie":2djag583 said:
mobgrazer":2djag583 said:

White gravy made of flour, milk and grease from whatever you fried. A Southern staple. Eat too much of it and you will have to go to the car wash to shower. No nutritive value whatever. I think it was invented during the Civil War and afterward to fill the belly on whatever was available. It ain't bad. A compliment to any fine meal.

We call it 30 yard gravy. Lucky if you make it 30 yards before...

I can't really say that I have a favorite breakfast, I'm one of those people who eats because I have to, not because I want to. I do love burgers, though. I'd probably eat them for breakfast if I could talk the wife into fixin them.

mobgrazer":34ixaoen said:
angie":34ixaoen said:
You forgot the comma in that.
We eat as much as we can off our farm. What's wrong with eating rabbit, deer, and canned apples?
Nah, I edited it out to mess with you. Not a thing wrong with deer, rabbit and canned apples ~ sure beats what I'm having!

Gravy on the other hand......you serve that with a rib spreader on the side? :eek: :lol2:

The rib spreader is optional. It does help if you dissolve an asperine in it, though.

i usually have a big 20oz glass of gatorade for breakfast.sometimes have sasuage egg an biscuit.years ago like angie id have 12oz coke an big dipp of snuff.

cfpinz":25pybbje said:
Lammie":25pybbje said:

We call it 30 yard gravy. Lucky if you make it 30 yards before...

I can't really say that I have a favorite breakfast, I'm one of those people who eats because I have to, not because I want to. I do love burgers, though. I'd probably eat them for breakfast if I could talk the wife into fixin them.

Wifey not a good cook?

I love eating, nobody needs to hold me ransom to eat, I'm one of those who eats because I want to not because I have to.

Can someone explain the different terms for the doneness of eggs, I have an idea, but we just describe how we want them and don't use all the funny terms in Afrikaans

bigbull... that reminded me of a friend of mine I used to pick up before high school each morning... He always had to have his Dr. Pepper, and a dip of Skoal, his only thing for breakfast. :lol:

Knersie if you want them sunnyside up just don't turn them. Over easy cooked just enough to get them out of the skillet. Over medium White is cooked yeller is still runny. Over hard they ain't no cluck left in it.

Latest posts