Favorite Breakfast

Help Support CattleToday:

i ate enough varmits when i was growin' up, even a couple reptiles.. then one day i had a steak... and that ruint me.. not longer would i have too soak, boil, debone salt. or flavor the meat too make it edible. ;-)

Cheap Bourbon whiskey and pearl snap shirts are two things that stay the same.Lammie

You can add Menudo to this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":2m8orbkl said:
Cheap Bourbon whiskey and pearl snap shirts are two things that stay the same.Lammie

You can add Menudo to this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont know ive seen three or four recipes and none are the same...seems the only thing they got in common is they all disgusting ;-)

ROCKSPRINGS":46foyf0y said:
Lammie":46foyf0y said:
It has chunks in it. Really. Chunks of things one can't chew. Chunks of guts. I try to avoid guts when possible. If they are in the hot dog or sausage, at least they are ground up.

Those chunks are tripe ( the second stomach of a cow ) It is called honeycomb tripe because it looks like a wasp nest, slides down like a raw oyster. :lol2: :lol2: :nod: Good stuff. I prefer hog feet ( knuckles ) rather than calf feet as a filler.

I recall getting my first apartment. Went to the grocery store and bought some fish(?). It looked good!!!
Rolled it in corn meal and put in hot oil on the stove top. The place started stinking like fresh laid dog crap. Looked at the package and it said "Tripe". Nasty stuff :oops: :oops: :oops:

BeefmasterB":3c3pyroo said:
ROCKSPRINGS":3c3pyroo said:
Lammie":3c3pyroo said:
It has chunks in it. Really. Chunks of things one can't chew. Chunks of guts. I try to avoid guts when possible. If they are in the hot dog or sausage, at least they are ground up.

Those chunks are tripe ( the second stomach of a cow ) It is called honeycomb tripe because it looks like a wasp nest, slides down like a raw oyster. :lol2: :lol2: :nod: Good stuff. I prefer hog feet ( knuckles ) rather than calf feet as a filler.

I recall getting my first apartment. Went to the grocery store and bought some fish(?). It looked good!!!
Rolled it in corn meal and put in hot oil on the stove top. The place started stinking like fresh laid dog crap. Looked at the package and it said "Tripe". Nasty stuff :oops: :oops: :oops:

You gotta read those labels! What I want to know is, did you eat it? Fried tripe! I can't even see some of my Mexican friends eating that.

TexasBred":1mixr3n5 said:
Lammie...here's a recipe I found...give it a try. You can cook it in the back yard. lolol

The following recipe was provided by David Courtland:

3 pounds tripe
3 pounds nixtamal (hominy) frozen, not canned
3 pounds pigs feet (not calves) cut into quarters
1 large onion diced
1 bunch green onion cut up in 1/4" pieces
1 bunch of cilantro chopped
2 tablespoons Oregano
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 head of garlic
2 tablespoons salt

Wash tripe thoroughly, remove excess fat and cut into bite sized pieces, wash nixtamal and pigs feet well and combine all ingredient in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer slowly until corn opens and is cooked (not overcooked). Skim off grease. It is best if you can refrigerate it in order to remove all grease.

Serve with fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, chiltepin, limon and toasted bolillos.

Buen provecho!!

Reminds me of an episode of Barney Miller when Jack Su was cooking something on the hot plate that really stunk. He explained all the stuff in it and the response was that it smelled like garbage. Jack Su's reply was "Say, that is garbage"

I loved Barney Miller. Jack Su was a character! Remember the episode when they ate the hash brownies? That was just the best one, ever!

Lammie":n3uweqq8 said:
I loved Barney Miller. Jack Su was a character! Remember the episode when they ate the hash brownies? That was just the best one, ever!
Yuck! Potatos in brownies?
Whats that stuff they put in a can, it looks kinda like dog food, sounds like hash. I think there are potatos in that to. Maybe corn, some kind of meat....?

angie":gc06s0dk said:
Lammie":gc06s0dk said:
Whats that stuff they put in a can, it looks kinda like dog food, sounds like hash. I think there are potatos in that to. Maybe corn, some kind of meat....?

DUH, wrong kind of hash. Are you blond again this week?

dun":30hlwvz7 said:
angie":30hlwvz7 said:
Lammie":30hlwvz7 said:

I was going to so "Oh fer DUH" wear a hat next time you go out to smoke, might help with the brain freeze. :roll:

dun":1k534aez said:
No, not till after Easter. Don't you know anything about fashion? :roll:
MM??? Seriously you are dys'ing me? :eek: :cry2: You are siding with him?
I am making a HUGE pan of hash brownines as we speak and neither of you are getting any!

Hey, give some to the dog and see what happens.

Don't ask me how I know this...

dun":3mnkgxa9 said:
angie":3mnkgxa9 said:
Lammie":3mnkgxa9 said:

DUH, wrong kind of hash.

:lol2: :lol2: Maybe "happy brownies" would have communicated the thought better?

BeefmasterB":2z2lfp4l said:
:lol2: :lol2: Maybe "happy brownies" would have communicated the thought better?

With a blond? Surely you jest!

Lammie":iltkpyp1 said:
Hey, give some to the dog and see what happens.

Don't ask me how I know this...
my cousin ate some not knowing.... thought he was having a stroke...he like too never got straitend out from it

Yeah, that isnt very nice. Especially if you don't know what's happening.

Once again, don't ask me how I know. :oops:

angie":2vlttnu9 said:
dun":2vlttnu9 said:
No, not till after Easter. Don't you know anything about fashion? :roll:
MM??? Seriously you are dys'ing me? :eek: :cry2: You are siding with him?
I am making a HUGE pan of hash brownines as we speak and neither of you are getting any!

Uhhhh. You really don't want to do that unless your going to serve them to your inmates. :banana:

Years ago we were fishing at a river camp....buddy got stumblin' drunk and sat down and ate half a container of Catfish Charlie with fritos....never knew it and none of us told him ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":1xwhr7fb said:
Years ago we were fishing at a river camp....buddy got stumblin' drunk and sat down and ate half a container of Catfish Charlie with fritos....never knew it and none of us told him ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that's the funniest thing I have read in a while! OMG! He was really stinkin' drunk by the time he finished.

Were his taste buds passed out, too?

I must say that in all my tequila nightmares, I have never gotten so messed up that I ate stink bait.

Latest posts