Favorite Breakfast

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":1kdwdcid said:
Knersie if you want them sunnyside up just don't turn them. Over easy cooked just enough to get them out of the skillet. Over medium White is cooked yeller is still runny. Over hard they ain't no cluck left in it.

I prefer mine over easy but I want the yolks to be warm.

The place I cooked at had 15 ways to cook an egg so I missing one.

Over light you flip it and then put it right on the plate.
Over easy is letting it stay there till all the white is cooked.
Over medium is yellow; part way cooked.
Over hard is all the way cooked.
Basted is a bit of butter put over the egg right after you crack it.
Steamed is in the steamer or could one ice cube on the grill with a lid depending on how it was written.
Scrambled is fully beaten then cooked.
Country scrambled is scrambled on the grill.
Scrambled light is a quick beating.
Sunny side up is a little juice on the white.
Sunny side up hard is white cooked all the way through.
Hard boiled egg has a hard yoke but there is no green tint.
Soft boiled egg has a mostly cooked yoke.

angie":2oyk88l6 said:
12 oz can of diet coke, 600 mgs of ibuprofin, and a couple of cigarettes. :roll:

No wonder your username is angrie! Substitute the real thing for that diet crap and it will improve your mood

angie":14foa3qd said:
12 oz can of diet coke, 600 mgs of ibuprofin, and a couple of cigarettes. :roll:

Angie..that ain't breakfast...that's what you do immediately when your feet hit the floor every morning. About an hour latter you do the breakfast after your stomach has settled a bit. :lol:

Scrambled eggs, fried taters, a slab of beef and tomato gravy spread on top and doused with a slug of pepper!!! Mmmm.
Just thinking makes me hungry again.

I literally eat oatmeal (huge bowl) probably 345 days a year. But when go for strictly taste I like Cracker Barrel pancakes with plenty of real butter and Maple Syrup. I also like big glass of milk and OJ along with thick cut bacon, home fries, and scrambled eggs. Growing up our mama would cook Country ham on Saturday mornings with homemade biscuits and chocolate donoughts and bacon.

OK ~ so if we call the first eats of the day breakfast, 3 days ago or there 'bout, I went to the cafe with my mom to eat. I got pumkin pie with whipped cream to go. When I came in the door, I set it in the back porch cause I didn't want my kids to see it and want some. Then I forgot about it out there. SO, this morning I was coming in from outside and saw the container sitting there and I remembered! BONANZA!! :nod: So this morning I had that pie (which, mysteriously had the whipped cream smashed onto the lid). Normally I don't eat until much later in the day.

mobgrazer":2z7mtjl3 said:
The place I cooked at had 15 ways to cook an egg so I missing one.

Over light you flip it and then put it right on the plate.
Over easy is letting it stay there till all the white is cooked.
Over medium is yellow; part way cooked.
Over hard is all the way cooked.
Basted is a bit of butter put over the egg right after you crack it.
Steamed is in the steamer or could one ice cube on the grill with a lid depending on how it was written.
Scrambled is fully beaten then cooked.
Country scrambled is scrambled on the grill.
Scrambled light is a quick beating.
Sunny side up is a little juice on the white.
Sunny side up hard is white cooked all the way through.
Hard boiled egg has a hard yoke but there is no green tint.
Soft boiled egg has a mostly cooked yoke.

Thanks, very good explanation, I also did a few stints in professional kitchens back in my varsity days, just never worked in a greasy spoon.

angie":1qs6fdgk said:

I got away from that while back home - started in again when I came across the pond to the sand box - gonna be a beach to quit it and go back to normal when I go home

Favourite breakfast - steak - inch or better thick, medium rare, a fill the big plate steak - garlic salt and buttered toast - some potato salad - mix some butter with spices and freeze it the night before - put it on the steak - ice cream or black forest cake for desert - about a quart of ice cold milk. I can go pretty much all day on this.

Bez+

Bez+":3fl439ev said:
angie":3fl439ev said:

I got away from that while back home - started in again when I came across the pond to the sand box - gonna be a beach to quit it and go back to normal when I go home

Favourite breakfast - steak - inch or better thick, medium rare, a fill the big plate steak - garlic salt and buttered toast - some potato salad - mix some butter with spices and freeze it the night before - put it on the steak - ice cream or black forest cake for desert - about a quart of ice cold milk. I can go pretty much all day on this.Bez+
go !!!! where to,.. to hibernate ;-) two eggs sunny side up bacon biscuits for soppin' and of course GRITS
:cboy:

KNERSIE":1kleu7e2 said:
Wifey not a good cook?

My wife is convinced that the smoke alarms in our house are wired into the stove because every time they start going off it means supper's ready.

She burnt up some deer meat the other night that was so bad I slid a chunk under the table to the dog. After he ate it he started licking his butt to get the taste out of his mouth.

cfpinz":32s9pe21 said:
KNERSIE":32s9pe21 said:
Wifey not a good cook?

My wife is convinced that the smoke alarms in our house are wired into the stove because every time they start going off it means supper's ready.

She burnt up some deer meat the other night that was so bad I slid a chunk under the table to the dog. After he ate it he started licking his butt to get the taste out of his mouth.

I remember that it was mentioned that she had other qualities that would make her cooking skills more tolerable. ;-)

KNERSIE":2ohmvxlu said:
I remember that it was mentioned that she had other qualities that would make her cooking skills more tolerable. ;-)

Yup, plus she's a pretty good vet tech.

file.php

I like a hearty breakfast. In college I made them set out ketchup and salsa so I could put them on my eggs and taters. I need protein in the morning too or I'm starving by 9:30.

ROCKSPRINGS":3u1ia1x3 said:
Menudo :nod:

OMG! I knew someone would say that!!! My husband's favorite thing to eat for breakfast. I refuse to have it in the house. Anything that looks and smells as bad going in as it does coming out should be banned. You don't know what the he77 is in the stuff, hence the name! There could be like, cats and gophers in there.

It's guts! EEEEWWWW. Need that smiley that vomits.

cfpinz":2tx4hy6x said:
KNERSIE":2tx4hy6x said:
Wifey not a good cook?

I was afraid I wouldn't have enough stuff to fill more then one banner for when you all drive up the driveway this year. Guess this is my lucky day

Latest posts