Favorite 22

Help Support CattleToday:

My favorite is my Grandfather's Remington Targetmaster single shot with open sights and it's the most accurate gun I've shot,I don't know how many varmints I've shot with that gun since I was a kid.Bad thing is my dad and I have had a falling out so I'll probably not end up with this gun.My nephew will probably get it and he never knew my Grandfather.
My next favorite was a Winchester 9422 I traded for in the late 70's and that was a sweet shooting gun.I didn't own it very long because some scumbag broke in our house and stole most of our guns.

highgrit":1cg2z4nn said:
Anschutz 1710, It will shoot 1 hole at 50yds. with 3 different brands of ammo.

The Bisley model? Used to shoot them in competitions in my schooldays, great rifle!

jedstivers":35e62658 said:
I've never sold a gun, they are like land. They come into my passion there not going out. I did trade some land once but it was a heck of a trade up and that was the only way I could do it, wasn't for sale.
On another note I was in the Co-Op today and got nine more boxes of .243 and five of 30-06.

I sold a Stevens 22-250 last week to my cow managers husband and i have been sick ever since. It doesn't seem to bother me when i trade em but even though i made 75 dollars on the little Stevens i will regret it for a long time!

I have a old stevens .22 that is a single shot from the 30's that has killed many a Hogs in its career now its just a family rifle that gets passed down. I killed my first deer with it actually.

I ahven;t shot them in a while but I've got a couple of old Stevens Model 44s with the tang sight. This whole thread has got me thinking that when the weather improves I'm going to take a bunch of those old guns out and shoot them.

Dun, what cartridges your 44's in? I dont have any Stevens 44's but have a couple 1885 Winchesters and a few Rolling Block Remingtons.
I run shoots on Sunday's through out the winters. Different shoot every week. The best is taking out the old vintage rifles and trying to best the modern AR15 target rifles one on one at 100 yrds off hand.

rla442":3dv4qnjs said:
Dun, what cartridges your 44's in? I dont have any Stevens 44's but have a couple 1885 Winchesters and a few Rolling Block Remingtons.
I run shoots on Sunday's through out the winters. Different shoot every week. The best is taking out the old vintage rifles and trying to best the modern AR15 target rifles one on one at 100 yrds off hand.
They're all 22 RF, had more but sold them to a guy from TN that used to visit the shop every couple of months. He bought any of the older single shot or bolt action 22s I could get. Claimed he sold them in TN for squirrel hunting.

I have actually 2 favorites out of the 5 I own. One is a 22 springfield single shot bolt model 120A.
My dad bought it for me on my 8th birthday.It's killed a ton of tree rats and rabbits.
Another is a Savage 22 hornet bolt action 5 round Mag.
Ijust bought a case of hornandy 35 grain v max.
I love them.they are 3100 fps and 0 trajectry out at 200 yds.
They will raise he!! on them mexican birds at 200 yds and not to shabby on the yotes either. :nod:

Cal

Savage Mark II
Been carrying it on my trapline for 5 years.
Before I put my jerry rigged pipe collar trigger guard on. :lol2:
8604012725_4eaf3f6599_z.jpg

My son who is in the airforce, Wichita KS right now, has both of my favorite 22's right now. Both are Stevens. One is semi-auto, one is single shot. They are equal as far as my favorites go. The semi-auto because it was the first "real" gun my Dad let me shoot, and also shot my first squirrel with. The single shot because I bought it from an elderly family friend who wanted my first son to have when he grew up. That single shot has very fine sights and is a tack driver. I can't remember the model #'s of either. Now I'm gonna have to call my son and ask him.
As for a 22 to carry in the truck and such, I like my Ruger 10/22 best. I have zero sentimental attachment to it, although I bought it new in 1986. I had a "bull" barrel put on it, and some trigger work. The wood stock busted up in an accident, so I bought one of those unpolitically correct awful black composite stocks a few years ago. It shoots alot better than my daughters new pink one

Latest posts