Fave guns

Help Support CattleToday:

alftn

Reaction score
What are your favorite guns and there use to you?
1 Shot gun Browning Auto 5 or better yet the Remington on the 5 pat. ---Use on Brids
2 243,270,308,.30-06 in a A-bolt or ruger 77--- use on deer
3 any colt or s.w. like nickle or ss love trooper3 colt and the snake line,,sw model 66 round butt,combat mag.2 and half in barrel.love my 1911's only real reason or hand gun ---use on men(self defence)
4 like grande,m-14, and m16

I don't have too many guns yet. But I have had a lot of fun over the years with my Ruger 10/22 with my 35 round clip.... back when I could buy a brick of bullets for $10.

Now I have a new toy, The Judge, a .410/45 colt revolver. Great for crows and...... never mind :D

Alan

16ga I Rizzini O/U For everything that flies except ducks and geese
300 WSM Savage .......ELK
270 WSM Model 70 controlled round feed Featherweight.......Deer and Antelope
30-06 Pre 64 Model 70.....The occasional Elk......and to make my day when I fondle it.
243 T/C Icon walking varminter
22-250 Custom left bolt right port savage striker action on a custom stock 6 oz trigger....Turkey shoots 200yd gun
22PPC blueprinted model 700 with a Hart barrel for turkey shoots 100yd gun
6mm AI custom Savage, Kreiger barrel Hunter class gun for Varmint silhouette competitioun
2- Savage custom 223's for Pdog shooting

16ga 1949 Stevens pump......pheasants
16ga 1925 SxS Nitro Special .........pheasants
12ga Benelli Blk Eagle ducks/geese
12ga Benelli Montefeltro late season pheasants ducks, geese.

.357 Ruger security six for fun
.40 cal Springfield XDM for future competition
.380 semiauto for CC

and a few others I don't use very much, but keep for trade bait.

I forgot one/ .50 cal T/C pro hunter muzzleloader for wrapping around the nearest tree the next time I miss an Elk with it.

The thompson encore with the interchangeable barrells. I cannot remember the model number.

I like the 300 win mag, 243, 270, 308.

I also like the Beretta Sako A7 real well.

I forgot to mention Glock 23c 40 call for carry

and Ruger LCP 380 for a bug

Remington 1100 12 Gauge for all flying, hopping, or climbing critters (was a hand me down 25 years and several thousand rounds ago)

Remington 700 blued Varmint in 220 Swift (favorite gun and round ever!) for biting critters and whatever else that has to go

Remington stainless 25-06 with Kreiger 26" barrel, H S Precision stock,H S Precision trigger guard and removable clip. For deer, etc. Its fairly new, but I think we are going to get along great.

Glock 27 .40 S&W for carry and peace of mind

S&W 686 with 6" barrell .357 for Deer and play

My favorite changes from time to time, but right now the favorite "working gun" is a little Ruger 77 compact SS/Laminate in 223 with a 16" barrel. Wish it were a little bit lighter, and the stock doesn't fit me worth a crap, but it's a pretty neat little gun.

My old .22 Westernfield pump, with the octogon barrel, just because I inhearited it from a family friend as a kid.
- But my most useful gun I use everyday is either my Ruger GP 100 or my Ruger SP 101. The SP 101 is my everyday carry gun but on days I am in the field baling I will often have the big GP 100 so I can reach out and get those wood chucks.

I also like my Sig 226 and my Winchester model 120 Ranger, 12 gauge, Bushmaster, Remington 16 guage, NAA .22, Ruger .45 Colt, and a few others but they don't get used as much as the Ruger wheel guns.

Rem. Mod. 700 in 6mm Remington (have 4 guns in 6mm rem.....love that caliber), 7mm Magnum and 30-06
Rem. Mod. 700 Varmint in 6mm Remington
Rem. Mod 742 Woodmaster in 6mm Remington
Rem. Mod 7 in 7mm-08
Rem. Model 870 12 ga. (have 3) - bird and slug config.
Rem. Mod. 1100 12ga.
Savage 12 Ga. slug gun - bolt action
Marlin Slugmaster 12 ga. slug gun - bolt action
Revelation .410 bout 45 years old
Rem. 597 HB in .22 LR
Various .22 LR's (lost count)
AK-47's - got a couple in different configs
SKS - Norinco model from 1988 when I paid 89.00 new-in-box
AR-15 DPMS w/ heavy barrell
Winchester 12 ga autoloader w/ 18" barrell no choke
S&W Mod 19 Combat Mag nickel .357
Kimber Pro-Carry II in .45
S&W Sigma in .40
Glock 27 in .40 for everyday carry
Browning Buckmark .22 with heavy barrell
Browning Auto 5 Belgium made from early 60's 12ga.
Remington Sportsman 58 IN 12GA.

The list goes on and on but these are my faves and get some usage annually.......many "under the bed" guns that don't or haven't been used in years.

Wow HOSS, you could open up a gun store. (or at least a pawn shop) :lol2: I guess my favorite is my Browning Sweet 16 Belgium made shotgun. Seems to work for about anything. Use a Remington 30-06 for deer hunting, a 1911A Colt for the truck and a couple of older 22's. Wife keeps a Taurus 9 mm for her "side arm". Shot an M-16 enough in my younger days to never want to hold another one.

tb_gun-lg-4.jpg

kenny thomas":o7hxt0g3 said:
3waycross or texasbred, do you want to sell any of the 16 guage.

KT...Thanks, but I've owned that little Sweet 16 since 1971. Wouldn't trade it or sell it for anything. Great little guns. Probably just pass it on down to one of the grandsons.

First shotgun that was loaned to me was a 16 gauge single shot Cooey. That shotgun shot a lot of ducks.
Ducks seemed to get harder to hit and kill when I got a pump. :lol:

Shotgun 16 gauge for everything from deer down in Win Model 12, Browning BPS and Remington side by side.
Rifle Browning 1885 High Wall in 30-30 and 45-70.
Rimfire Remington 241 Speedmaster or Browning Semi Auto.
Side arm Ruger Bisley Vacquero in 44 mag.

Caustic Burno":1twx5mfr said:
Shotgun 16 gauge for everything from deer down in Win Model 12, Browning BPS and Remington side by side.
Rifle Browning 1885 High Wall in 30-30 and 45-70.
Rimfire Remington 241 Speedmaster or Browning Semi Auto.
Side arm Ruger Bisley Vacquero in 44 mag.

Who are you and who took over the CB we used to know????

No Colt .45 ??? :lol:

I bet you'd have to order 16 gauge ammo special around here any more.

I don't blame you Texasbred, I would keep it too. Why do so many of us old guys still have 16 guage's? I have several and would buy some more if I find the right ones.

kenny thomas":25s2iby9 said:
I don't blame you Texasbred, I would keep it too. Why do so many of us old guys still have 16 guage's? I have several and would buy some more if I find the right ones.

One of my major plans is to be able to leave each one of my sons a 16ga. That may be also the reason I can't pass up a chance to buy a couple of boxes of shells every chance I get.

.........and yes I guess I qualify as an old guy.

.............I still remember the first time I saw and got to shoot a Sweet 16. Just the name gives me goosebumps. Brings back memories of Canvas coats and chest waders, hand carved "dekes", and old men who smoked pipes and drank whiskey without apology.

Latest posts