Fave guns

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":h58csv0f said:
You mean canvas coats, smoking pipes, and drinking whiskey is out of style? :(

Sure now it's Gore-tex,NO SMOKING everywhere and a nice glass of wine(gag)

3waycross":1rwgia8q said:
kenny thomas":1rwgia8q said:
You mean canvas coats, smoking pipes, and drinking whiskey is out of style? :(

Sure now it's Gore-tex,NO SMOKING everywhere and a nice glass of wine(gag)

Not around my camp fire. Smoke'em if you gott'em and it's a sin not to relax with a good drink , good friends and enjoy some good bull.

On the serious side...sometimes you do have to do some hard looking to find 16 gauge shells. I bought some on the internet a while back but had to settle for #6s. Don't know why I always used 4's but just a choice I made long time ago. (Oh and I qualify as "old fart" too 3-Way) ;-)

This conversation about 16 gauges made me get up to take a look at mine and see where my ammo is for my Remington 11-48. I even have some buckshot and No. 1 BB load.

hayray":30plwwkq said:
This conversation about 16 gauges made me get up to take a look at mine and see where my ammo is for my Remington 11-48. I even have some buckshot and No. 1 BB load.

You have an 11-48 in 16ga , I didn't know there was such a thing. Good for you.

The only 16ga I have is a double barrel I found over 25 yrs ago laying in a creek the stock is missing and it is all rusted up but it will open and the firing pins and hammer still works

I was gonna redo it but just never have don't know the make of anything else just thought it was pretty neat

EVERY March and Oct. there is a gun show in Tulsa Ok. If you want anything, I mean anything, it can be found there..Prices are great, well at least on some things....Anyone who loves guns , they should make this show once...Nothing like it in the world....13 ac. of joy..

hayray":1d82c95q said:

IMO the sixteen is the ultimate guage with 12 gauge to 20 gauge loads available.
The Winchester Model 12 and the BPS are made on true 20 gauge frames you get the lighter gun in the field with the fire power of the heavier bulky 12.
As far as shells no problem in the south I buy a case every season of #6 and 10 boxes of buckshot( five round boxes on the buckshot)

Caustic Burno":1jwc0ykc said:
hayray":1jwc0ykc said:

IMO the sixteen is the ultimate guage with 12 gauge to 20 gauge loads available.
The Winchester Model 12 and the BPS are made on true 20 gauge frames you get the lighter gun in the field with the fire power of the heavier bulky 12.
As far as shells no problem in the south I buy a case every season of #6 and 10 boxes of buckshot( five round boxes on the buckshot)

I would sure like to find a BPS with the standard pistol grip instead of the "YUPPIE" english grip. That's got to be the dumbest thing I ever saw on a pump shotgun. The ONLY reason to have an english style stock is if you have double triggers and NEED to slide back to the second trigger. Even then the "Prince of Wales " grip will do the same thing.

Browning is producing the BPS Hunter with the pistol grip with invector choke system for around 500 bucks.
They are selling quite a few here as a lot of the guys have completely wore out thier Model 12's.
I have two Model 12's with the newest one being made in 1937 which is still working my other is wore out.

Latest posts