Fav .22

Help Support CattleToday:

crossbreed curt

Reaction score
What is your favorite .22? Some like the RUGER 10/22. Myself I like the good old-fashioned tube feed Marlin modle 60. It was nicknamed the worlds most pouplar .22 I heard people swear by many others. :santa:

My favorites in no particular order are a Steven Model 44 1/2, a BSA manufacured Martini Target, and a Winchester 69A target model and a T/C Contender.

10/22 Got one on the tractor, one on each of the 3 4 wheelers, and one in the house.

My favorite is the Browning bolt action .22 it is very accurate with a great trigger. I also have a Remington semi-auto with heavy barrel and laminate stock. I topped it with a Nikon scope and it is a very accurate shooter for an autoloader. I also have a Browning Buckmark pistol with a heavy barrel and red-dot scope. It is a fun turtle shooting gun.

Hoss, I am with you on that Browning .22 lever action. I have one that I absolutely love.
I also use a Ruger 10/22 with a Simmons scope for a semi-auto. It is very accurate and tough.

crossbreed curt":33jt2v6k said:
What is your favorite .22? Some like the RUGER 10/22. Myself I like the good old-fashioned tube feed Marlin modle 60. It was nicknamed the worlds most pouplar .22 I heard people swear by many others. :santa:

Remington 241 Speedmaster. Most have never seen one as there only 100,000 made, mine was made in 1937.
It is a Browning design and Browning does make it today.

When i was a kid most people around here most folks only had a few guns a good 22 was high on the list of what they wanted. The Speedmaster were a favorite of alot of the folks my dads age.

Red Bull Breeder":2jhn3p9n said:
When i was a kid most people around here most folks only had a few guns a good 22 was high on the list of what they wanted. The Speedmaster were a favorite of alot of the folks my dads age.

That is about the nicest way I have ever been told that I am an old phart.

Caustic Burno":v67uxsoh said:
Red Bull Breeder":v67uxsoh said:
I have seen several of them speedmasters in years past CB might even know where there is a couple at.

Since they have not made one in 50 + years kinda of telling your age.

Closer to 60 then 50+. Last year was 1949

Caustic Burno":2gul625y said:
crossbreed curt":2gul625y said:

Remington 241 Speedmaster. Most have never seen one as there only 100,000 made, mine was made in 1937.
It is a Browning design and Browning does make it today.
The bottom ejectors always burned my hand with the empties or if you have a button down shirt they will get in there and make you do some fast re arranging. The positive is that they dont eject the hulls into the defrost vent and they are very accurate

Latest posts