• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Faulty fencer?

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbruh

Reaction score
I didn't think my powerwizard p1000 was hitting hard enough. It was getting 3k volts at the beginning, but over time the voltage continued to drop. When it dropped down to 1.4kv, I decided to make a change. I walked the fence and noticed no obvious grounding issues. I then purchased a Parmak super energizer 5. It worked good for about 4 minutes, then started tripping the gfci. Is it the box or the power source? Please advise.

jkwilson

Reaction score
I'd be wondering about your fence ground. GFCI outlets are cheap and they do fail often. Try the fencer on an extension cord from a different circuit and see what happens.

dun

Reaction score
jkwilson":3kx3nnpn said:
I'd be wondering about your fence ground. GFCI outlets are cheap and they do fail often. Try the fencer on an extension cord from a different circuit and see what happens.
There are small GFI connectors that can be plugged into a none GFI receptacle . I would try one of those in a none GFI receptacle and see if it still happens.

farmboy80

Reaction score
Plug it in to a nongfci outlet. And if it still not getting the voltage it's supposed to. Try pouring a bucket of water around your ground rod. If that fixes it, you need a longer ground rod.

Latest posts