Fattening calf

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a 1100 pound market steer, he is a Maine/Shorthorn cross. He kind of tall framed and I am having trouble putting finish on him. I am currently feeding Show Bloom, 4 pounds of Associated Beef Finisher, and 4 pounds of 4 way, along with cattle calm and 4 tablespoons of corn oil. I would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions

Kick up the grain to him. He should be on 20-25 pounds of grain to finish. I don't know what the other 2 products are,(prepared feeds would be my guess) but they probably can be reduced as you increase the grain.

For a good steer, he should just be starting to finish at 1100 pounds anyway. You only want 1/4 of an inch of fat on him at 1300 pounds.

Jason Trowbridge Southern Angus Farms Alberta Canada

[email protected]

> I have a 1100 pound market steer,
> he is a Maine/Shorthorn cross. He
> kind of tall framed and I am
> having trouble putting finish on
> him. I am currently feeding Show
> Bloom, 4 pounds of Associated Beef
> Finisher, and 4 pounds of 4 way,
> along with cattle calm and 4

Well for starters you need to feed more finisher. Try the new Associated ShowMaker. Its awesome! We just switched to it about a month ago and the difference is incredible. Here is my finishing ration for an 1100 lb steer per day...20 lbs Associated ShowMaker, 6 lbs rolled corn, and 3 lbs Rolled Barley. The Corn puts on finish and the Barley smooths it out. This ration has also worked using Purina ShowChow Finisher as well. What fair are you going to and when is it? Are you pushing to reach a certain weight? Email me if you need further help. You can also contact your feed store and ask them for your Associated feed rep's number so you can talk directly with them and get the help you need. Or just call the company direct and ask them for help. Best of luck to ya!
> tablespoons of corn oil. I would
> appreciate it if anyone has any
> suggestions

[email protected]

Latest posts