Fathers day

Help Support CattleToday:

Happy Father's day everyone!
I slept in til 6, got the kids ponies fed, filling a 1000 gal water tank in the back yard so the kids have a swimming pool today. Just sat down with my first cup of coffee. Probably see my dad after church.

I lost my father back in 93. Unfortunately, we didn't have the relationship that I wish we could have had. I did learn some good things from him and some things not to do. He was a very talented man and I often think that if our relationship had been different I could have picked up so much more of his skill and knowledge on a whole range of things.

Lost my dad when I was 26. Learned a lot from him before he had strokes 8 years before his death. Wish I would have paid even more attention to him. Now I see how big of a job it is to be a dad. Spent too much of my time trying to make money and have failed with my own kids especially my youngest. He has had his health problems but basically I feel like I failed him. Hope he can turn around before I am gone or he won't make it on his own. My point is young fathers need to spend time with their kids.

Today just reminds me how much I have failed. My wife would be better off without me and got a better role model for him. Sorry to vent.

Lost my dad when I was 26. Learned a lot from him before he had strokes 8 years before his death. Wish I would have paid even more attention to him. Now I see how big of a job it is to be a dad. Spent too much of my time trying to make money and have failed with my own kids especially my youngest. He has had his health problems but basically I feel like I failed him. Hope he can turn around before I am gone or he won't make it on his own. My point is young fathers need to spend time with their kids.

Today just reminds me how much I have failed. My wife would be better off without me and got a better role model for him. Sorry to vent.
Tom
What used to be my biggest failure has become my biggest success. Just don't give up.. that's all

Tom, I agree with @callmefence don't give up. Each day is a new opportunity. I was 18, when my father passed and he had been diagnosed with emphysema 14 years prior. He was an alcoholic and was progressively getting worse off health wise during the time I had around him. He was a hard worker and the drinking didn't affect his work but did his family. As a small child I would try to win his affection or praise but as I grew older I became more and more afraid and nervous around him. I avoided him as much as possible. I could have really benefited from working with him and learning from his skills on so much. When he passed, I was young and coming of age and green as all get out about everything and trying to run a farm with zero self confidence. I felt so alone and dumb. It's been a long hard road. I've spent a lot of my adult life trying to help others. I don't have children of my own, but have seen a lot of situations where children have terrible home lives and they need positive male role models in their life. I've known many people that have worked hard to provide for their families, only to lament in later years that they missed out on so much of their children's lives. There has to be a balance. A child needs to see one or both parents working, it sets a good example. There should also be time for family, but that is often hard to carve out. Most important is showing love. Regardless of the past, each day is a new chance to build and if something goes wrong then the next day can be a new start again. I know several folks struggling with children who are making bad decisions. I will be praying for you.

Happy Father's day everyone!
I slept in til 6, got the kids ponies fed, filling a 1000 gal water tank in the back yard so the kids have a swimming pool today. Just sat down with my first cup of coffee. Probably see my dad after church.

I sleep until noon... oh no wait I got up early today it was 10:30am. 😆 Summer schedule enjoying every minute of it too. 😆 I did just get done power washing at 9:30p.m. it all works out. The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse who gets the cheese. 😆🤷🏽‍♀️ I'm teasing.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.
Dad and I enjoyed the day fixing some fence and looking at cows and pastures. He is 76 and still thinking big.

Love the picture of your dad. That's cool ya'll have a relationship and he still gets around good.

[
ATTACH type="full"]5226[/ATTACH]

Tom you can't change the pass with your father or maybe how you had father your own children. You can only change the present and the future. We all live and learn. I don't believe you failed your son. Being a parent or a spouse isn't always easy. Young teenagers are hard to parent they deal with alot of things, most think they know everything and have life figure out. Spend time with you're family is the best thing you can do. Doesn't have to be anything fancy just give them your time. Don't give up. I'll pray things get better. 😊

Happy Father's day all ya'll Father's.

Latest posts