Father's Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
I am sure many can express the importance of Fathers better than me, but I will try to express it with statistics of intact 2 parent families from the Institute for Family Studies.

33% of black males are convicted felons.
67% of black males incarcerated are from single parent homes.
White males from single parent homes are 28% more likely to be incarcerated by
age 30 than black males from intact 2 parent families.

The odds of blacks raised by their own 2 parents graduating from college is 68% higher than blacks from single parent households. In white families, children from 2 parent homes graduate college at twice the rate of white children from single parent homes. And the graduation rate by black women from 2 parent homes is 28% higher than white women from single parent households.

The news media and politicians seem to want to point to systemic racism for every problem in society. But I believe the evidence points squarely to 50 years of a decrease in family values and the devaluation of the role of fathers in families as the root cause.
No matter the race, young adults raised in a stable home with their own father and mother are significantly more likely to prosper and contribute positively to society.

Last edited:
The statistics above I have seen first hand many times. A lot of the delinquent judge committed male youth in a correctional setting I worked with for many years did not come from a stable two parent home. I remember many times finding the kids father incarcerated, as the youth had not seen or heard from them in years. Sometimes it was positive and sometimes not. If it had not been for grandparents a lot did not have anybody and some didn't have that in their life. One thing I learned when mama doesn't love you, you have a very troubled delinquent youth. Imagine being a 13-18 yr old kid and mama does love you, no father figure in your life, some on syntrophic meds which makes things worse, no positive role models , etc. what they can turn out to be. I don't see how things are not worse than they are.

Last edited:
That's fine, everyone is entitled to there own opinion and if you have no time for father's day or nothing positive to say about men's role as fathers, it's okay.
Fathers are used to having mothers get all of the attention anyway.

But the bible says, a man who does not care for his family (a dead beat dad)
is lower than a heathen in the eyes of God and a good man leaves an inheritance for his children and his children's children.

Last edited:
I am sure many can express the importance of Fathers better than me, but I will try to express it with statistics of intact 2 parent families from the Institute for Family Studies.

The odds of blacks raised by their own 2 parents graduating from college is 68% higher than blacks from single parent households. In white families, children from 2 parent homes graduate college at twice the rate of white children from single parent homes. And the graduation rate by black women from 2 parent homes is 28% higher than white women from single parent households.

The news media and politicians seem to want to point to systemic racism for every problem in society. But I believe the evidence points squarely to 50 years of a decrease in family values and the devaluation of the role of fathers in families as the root cause.
No matter the race, young adults raised in a stable home with their own father and mother are significantly more likely to prosper and contribute positively to society.
As a black male from a 2 parent house hold, with a strong dad that kept me in line and told me no you cant go over there or here, I can relate to the statements above. My dad died of cancer 5 years ago, and before he died we had a long talk. I told him how i when i looked back, i appreciate him being the dad he was. the dad that would say no you cant go here, the dad that said if you want that expensive jacket and shoes, you have to haul wood this summer with your uncle and pay for it yourself. I was 36 at the time and could go anywhere and apply for a job. Meaning I dont have a record, I have a great high paying job and I attribute that to my dad. He was hard, sometimes very hard, but he was fair. He didnt have a dad growing up so he didnt have a blueprint. His older brother pretty much helped raise him and his younger brothers as well as me. When you become an adult and have your own kids and family you look back and say, you know they were right. The system is broken, and has been broken for some time now. People see it as beneficial to be a single mother without a husband. Some of you may not agree. But I see this first hand. I have family in the projects, I can go across the tracks to the rough part of town and show you first hand generational poverty that I believe was started and initiated by the government.

Sedd

Again this was brought on by LBJ's great society as it incentivized single parent with money.

As a black male from a 2 parent house hold, with a strong dad that kept me in line and told me no you cant go over there or here, I can relate to the statements above. My dad died of cancer 5 years ago, and before he died we had a long talk. I told him how i when i looked back, i appreciate him being the dad he was. the dad that would say no you cant go here, the dad that said if you want that expensive jacket and shoes, you have to haul wood this summer with your uncle and pay for it yourself. I was 36 at the time and could go anywhere and apply for a job. Meaning I dont have a record, I have a great high paying job and I attribute that to my dad. He was hard, sometimes very hard, but he was fair. He didnt have a dad growing up so he didnt have a blueprint. His older brother pretty much helped raise him and his younger brothers as well as me. When you become an adult and have your own kids and family you look back and say, you know they were right. The system is broken, and has been broken for some time now. People see it as beneficial to be a single mother without a husband. Some of you may not agree. But I see this first hand. I have family in the projects, I can go across the tracks to the rough part of town and show you first hand generational poverty that I believe was started and initiated by the government.

Sedd
Very well said! I know this isn't a scientific sampling.
Environment plays a huge role.
My nephew adopted a black baby girl she is very successful in life. I have biracial grandchildren of Mayan/hick , Hispanic/hick , along with black/ white nieces and nephews . All are doing well, aren't in trouble with the law very successful in life and have been raised in two parent homes.
All have been taught not to buy into the crap that the government and media are selling.

That's fine, everyone is entitled to there own opinion and if you have no time for father's day or nothing positive to say about men's role as fathers, it's okay.
Fathers are used to having mothers get all of the attention anyway.

But the bible says, a man who does not care for his family (a dead beat dad)
is lower than a heathen in the eyes of God and a good man leaves an inheritance for his children and his children's children.

Wait what verse is that? Dead beat dad? Do they have one for dead beat mothers as well? 😁

Some people expect an inheritance. I don't believe it's should be expected like waiting on the mailbox checks.

Last edited:

Sedd

Sedd
So was your dad and Unck farmers? How did you get in to farming?

Sedd
So was your dad and Unck farmers? How did you get in to farming?
My dad started with cattle in 1991. I even had to milk a cow once, he wanted me to know how he did it as a kid. Said he smelled like milk before school when he was a kid. We always had big gardens. My uncle worked his garden the old fashioned way with mules. He still loves it. We would have 5 or so acres of purple hull peas and watermelons. I was paid 3 bucks a bushel to pick peas I think. I broke up a spot with the disc last year and he finished it and planted with the mules.

Latest posts