father's day plans

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks":2rkl0xs1 said:
tom4018":2rkl0xs1 said:
Thanks to all. Really sorry about even posting what I did. I guess my kids are like me and have a hard time showing their feelings. I wasn't trying to sound like a pity party. but just have a hard time believing I have done the best job possible as a husband and father. I feel like I spend too much time working a day job and fooling with cows.

It has been a tough week, got some news on my mother and have to take her for a biopsy this week. Also tying to finish hay and get it all home. Overall not been a bad day, tried to rest some. Still wouldn't hurt to hear my family say Happy Father's Day, but then again I should have done better.

Tell them that.

I do all the time. Sometimes I feel it falls on deaf ears. Lots of things I wonder if I should have done differently. Too late now.

tom4018":uoj086ip said:
boondocks":uoj086ip said:
tom4018":uoj086ip said:
Thanks to all. Really sorry about even posting what I did. I guess my kids are like me and have a hard time showing their feelings. I wasn't trying to sound like a pity party. but just have a hard time believing I have done the best job possible as a husband and father. I feel like I spend too much time working a day job and fooling with cows.

It has been a tough week, got some news on my mother and have to take her for a biopsy this week. Also tying to finish hay and get it all home. Overall not been a bad day, tried to rest some. Still wouldn't hurt to hear my family say Happy Father's Day, but then again I should have done better.

Tell them that.

I do all the time. Sometimes I feel it falls on deaf ears. Lots of things I wonder if I should have done differently. Too late now.

Not necessarily. Keep telling them. I heard something on the radio the other day that stuck with me. I may not have the wording exact, but it boiled down to "We all wound our children, because we're all flawed humans, but children will forgive those hurts if they believe we love them and want what's best for them."

tom4018":32aoxpri said:
Nothing here as my dad has been gone since 1991. Guess my kids don't care enough to even say anything about Father's Day.

Same here except dad has only been gone since 2015. The kids......

Latest posts