fastest growing states

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt":3ikqwbjf said:
http://www.mibazaar.com/fastestgrowingstates.html

Whats more interesting to me is the slowest growing states.

Walt

Is it a migration of having more than one wife?

I doesn't surprise me that most of the New England states are at the bottom of the list. That's because all the frigging yankees have moved to Virginia.

Tatertot":ndnw1f91 said:
All of these people leaving the blue states and going to the red states will eventually screw up the rest of the nation.

Eventually? We are already there. Land costs 8 times what it did ten years ago. They are taking the very best farm land and converting it to subdivisions or supercenters and parking lots.

The major highways bypass the small town epicenters. The obvious route is through undeveloped farm land. The next thing you know those highways are covered in supercenters as they will pay for primary locations and access. Smaller parcels of land that are really not suited for farming just kind of sit there. There is less and less prime farm land and its price escalates exponentially. The tax assessors are licking their lips and they aren't from around these parts most of the time.

I want to live in a place that has negative population growth. :clap:

mnmtranching":5yqa4sqt said:
I want to live in a place that has negative population growth. :clap:

I do to,but as soon as I move here comes everybody else.I see some pasture now renting for 200 an acre and it's not worth more than 15,just so some numb nuts can turn some junk horses out that aren't worth 50 bucks for dog food.

I remember the great Michigan migration of the 1980's. Every car had a Michigan or Iowa plate. Lots of Iowans. The out of state plates I see around here are from Oklahoma. I can hang with that, I just hate it that Texas is getting so many people.

ga. prime":3csfuxx0 said:
Txwalt":3csfuxx0 said:
Whats more interesting to me is the slowest growing states.
Walt
That's some serious decline in Michigan, 51st out of 50.
Yup, economy is pretty sad here. The auto industry and all the trappings that go with it have been what the politicians have hung their hats on for way too many years and now we have businesses closing up daily. Gonna be a long time for the state to recover, it will never be the same again.

EAT BEEF":2u2wat08 said:
I see some pasture now renting for 200 an acre and it's not worth more than 15,just so some numb nuts can turn some junk horses out that aren't worth 50 bucks for dog food.

We must be neighbors!

cmf1":1sp5i2l0 said:
Rank the really blue ones and the really red ones and it kinda makes you not wonder.

Wow! Check out that one blue spot smack dab in the middle of Idaho. My geography may be off some but isn't that right around Sun Valley where all the Hollywierd types have a vacation home?

Hoss, I think you are right. If that isn't Sun Valley it is pretty darn close. Check out the one spot in Western Wyoming. That is Jackson Hole and all the billionaires who have moved there.

Dave":3l02aqgm said:
Hoss, I think you are right. If that isn't Sun Valley it is pretty darn close. Check out the one spot in Western Wyoming. That is Jackson Hole and all the billionaires who have moved there.

Dave, I see that you are from SW Washington. That is some great looking country. I have hunted black bears and mule deer around the Hells Canyon country which is not too far from Wa.

I don't see one speck of blue in Oklahoma.It's to bad that the plains are in the middle.

I notice a lot of blue in Mississippi down the Mississippi Delta. I wonder what kind of Hollywood types and billionares live there? Looks like they have Jackson Hole and Sun Valley outnumbered.

Latest posts