Farrah's Story

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Farrah battled her cancer for over 2 1/2 years and documented her struggle. She wanted to bring attention to a type of cancer that hasn't had much research nor attention. The story aired here last night. She was a strong woman with deep convictions. She was much more that just a pretty face.

I saw parts of that too, made me realize that there is more to alot of people than we know.

GMN

I watched it last night. It was pretty touching. I did notice, throughout her illness, that the word "anal" as in anal cancer, what she suffered, was very seldom mentioned. And I didn't really hear it a lot last night. Kinda like saying "breast" and "cancer" in the same sentence back in the seventies, until Betty Ford brought it up and made people more aware and open to it.

It was a good program and she was a brave person. Not everyone has the money for experimental treatments. Hopefully, there was some sort of research grant set up for this. I haven't researched it or anything, but when I first heard about her diagnosis, I thought, "How the he77 do you get anal cancer???" But I guess you can get it anywhere.

It's sad.

It's sad, and not a thing has been metioned about her over here, I think everyone has fogotten her, in her Charlies Angels roll. That is all I can remember her for, guess MJ was bigger NEWS. Shame we didn't have the programme here I would have liked to have seen it.

chrisy":2gd6sdq6 said:
It's sad, and not a thing has been metioned about her over here, I think everyone has fogotten her, in her Charlies Angels roll. That is all I can remember her for, guess MJ was bigger NEWS. Shame we didn't have the programme here I would have liked to have seen it.

I bet you can get it on NBC.com if you click on the Dateline link. At least parts of it. It was good.

Farrah's story was on last month and I watched it then it was really really interesting and a definite tear jerker.

If she had anal cancer and not rectal cancer there is more than likely only one way she got it. Having anal sex with a partner with HPV.

hillsdown":2n5sdr63 said:
Farrah's story was on last month and I watched it then it was really really interesting and a definite tear jerker.

If she had anal cancer and not rectal cancer there is more than likely only one way she got it. Having anal sex with a partner with HPV.

Yuck. :?

Latest posts