What do ya'll think?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005-095902_NewsBreak.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-095902_NewsBreak.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20211005-095852_NewsBreak.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-095852_NewsBreak.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 53
I don't care for cold and wet, but cold and dry is okay. Good thing I'll be able to step across the state line into Oklahoma.

No! Cold + snow = wet & miserable. I'm outfitted like Nanook Of The North, but that doesn't mean I won't bytch & have my own, personal pity party. Plus, big suck for the cattle in muddy conditions around the bale rings - in spite of moving them a gazillion times. Just hoping it will taper off by calving.

No! Cold + snow = wet & miserable. I'm outfitted like Nanook Of The North, but that doesn't mean I won't bytch & have my own, personal pity party. Plus, big suck for the cattle in muddy conditions around the bale rings - in spite of moving them a gazillion times. Just hoping it will taper off by calving.
It must not get cold enough. Lol. Winter temps make poor man's concrete. If we don't make to many ruts first the ground freezes and the cows stay pretty clean all winter.

I've always heard there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.
An old (now deceased) friend of mine said that was BS. "Son, Go spend some time north of the Imjin River in winter or up on the Chosin and you'll change your mind about that"

I check the woolly worms, heavy fogs in August, woodpeckers sharing a tree, how many acorns, how high up the bees nest, etc. for my winter predictions. I get it right about as much as they do. By the way what I see so far is not a hard winter.

I check the woolly worms, heavy fogs in August, woodpeckers sharing a tree, how many acorns, how high up the bees nest, etc. for my winter predictions. I get it right about as much as they do. By the way what I see so far is not a hard winter.

I have been seeing a lot of wooly worms here and they can't even agree with each other.

It must not get cold enough. Lol. Winter temps make poor man's concrete. If we don't make to many ruts first the ground freezes and the cows stay pretty clean all winter.
As a general rule, we get spanked with brutal cold, but only for a couple days. Not enough to keep the ground frozen. Hello, mud & muck!

I can handle cold and snowy as long as we don't get another ice storm.
Luckily this year I have almost double the amount of hay that I generally do.

I can handle cold and snowy as long as we don't get another ice storm.
Luckily this year I have almost double the amount of hay that I generally do.
Let's hope that you have a lot of that hay left over, after the winter. I hate cold and snow, but I agree the ice storms are the worst.

We're in the cold and dry zone. I'd believe it since it hasn't stopped raining all summer. It's gotta balance out sometime.

Latest posts