Farmers Almanac

Help Support CattleToday:

yesterday there was a calf out and i took that as a sign the fence needed to be worked on.
just kidding

i refer to it for certain things like cutting calves or building new fences. as a matter of fact yesterday was the last day of the old 12 days and I set out 6 catawba trees we started from seed.

I worked calves on Jan 1st and they were very nervous, more than usual. I just wander what the sign was for that day. I have looked for it on the internet but have had no luck.
Any ideas??

jan 1 st i believe was in the head. I had to give a cow a shot that day and she bleed from both injection sites. so I looked it up. and by the way this weekednd 12-13 best days for castrating.

Where are you guys finding the info and what do the various signs mean? In the head, feet, knee etc

Mine always seem to be in the stomach cause they always want more.

Never did anything by sign and I ain't dead yet..might be the reason why I get so many tickets? :???:

hooknline":1jq7szkh said:
Where are you guys finding the info and what do the various signs mean? In the head, feet, knee etc
I remember my grandfather only working cows in the legs. The almanac has best days and the another page has the astrology sign for the days and you can cross reference.

M5farm":2l9k2mka said:
hooknline":2l9k2mka said:
I remember my grandfather only working cows in the legs. The almanac has best days and the another page has the astrology sign for the days and you can cross reference.
Thanks. Cross7 sent me a link that is pretty good.

M5,

Re:
jan 1 st i believe was in the head. I had to give a cow a shot that day and she bleed from both injection sites.
I never give shots in the head regardless of what the signs would say.
Suggestion: When the signs are in the head, give the shots in the butt.

My roof is leaking and I can't fix it in the rain and lightning and it doesn't leak when it is not raining.
What do the signs say is the best time to fix my roof??
SL

PS: Sorry, but I just can't take this sign stuff seriously.

Sir Loin":57jf37ow said:
M5,

Re:
jan 1 st i believe was in the head. I had to give a cow a shot that day and she bleed from both injection sites.

My roof is leaking and I can't fix it in the rain and lightning and it doesn't leak when it is not raining.
SL

Signs were in Aries(head) . You have every right to believe what you want. A couple hundred years Farmers and Pioneers doing it by the signs can't be wrong. I can tell you from experience that working cows in the right sign makes a huge difference. Try dehorning a 100 head when its above the waist and you'll look like you've been in a slaughter house when your done. I am actually a roofing distribution and I would suggest you call a roofer. Do you call an electrician when your toilet won't flush?

Sir Loin":2fsejecg said:
M5,

Re:

SL

What do you take seriously!

M5,
Re:
I would suggest you call a roofer.
Thanks for the suggestion but I already tried that!
I called a roofer and he said he would be out when it stopped raining, as he couldn't work in the rain.
But when he got there when it stopped raining, he couldn't find the leak and charges me $50.
That is why I need your help by telling me when is the best time to find the leak and fix my roof.
SL

3way,
Re:
What do you take seriously!
Not much! I get up in the morning laughing and go to bed laughing every day.
Always have and always will.
I live for humor. Even very dry humor. ( not to mention chain pulling )

But to give you a more understandable answer:
Honest and sincere people and all animals no matter how un-honest or un-sincere they are as I don't expect them to know better.
SL

Sir Loin":e75z0fsx said:
M5,

Re:

SL

I used artificial rain once to find a roof leak. Might be worth considering

Re:
I used artificial rain once to find a roof leak. Might be worth considering
Been there, done that!

Where did you get artificial rain??????????
I went to both Lowes and Home-Depot and search every isle but couldn't find any artificial rain.
Go figure!! their supply chain must be broke!

The only other thing I can think of for artificial rain is to do some cloud seeding.
Do you know where I can get some cloud seeds and a seeder??

SL

M5,
Re:
S l roof repairs should be done when the signs are in the azz
Not true!!
We have already established that is where you put the shots when the signs are in the head!
You need to start keeping notes if you can't keep up!!
SL

Latest posts