Farmer charged with felonies for holding trespassers at gunpoint

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
quote:
A local farmer called 911 about juveniles doing donuts on his property near the 1200 block of CR 375 N early Sunday afternoon. Police issued trespass warnings to the two 18-year-olds — Anthony Anastor and Jeffrey Percifield — but arrested the farmer.

Boone County Prosecutors charged Alan Wilhoite, 60, of Lebanon, in Boone County Circuit Court on Monday with criminal confinement and intimidation, both level 5 felonies, and pointing a firearm and carrying a handgun without a license, both class A misdemeanors.

Wilhoite called 911 and allegedly told the dispatcher he had two kids at gunpoint and the gun was unloaded, though the kids were unaware of that, according to the probable cause affidavit.

Wilhoite told Boone County Sheriff's Office Deputy Jacob Pickett he saw dust flying up in a cloud from his farm, and then chased an older black car down until he passed it and forced Anastor and Percifield to stop. Court documents said Wilhoite allegedly got out of his tan truck with a Ruger .22.

Anastor, the driver of the black car, told Pickett that Wilhoite allegedly pointed the firearm near him before the 60-year-old reached into Anastor's car and removed the keys.

After some investigation, Pickett discovered Wilhoite did not have a permit to carry a firearm. Continued investigation of the pig farm where Anastor allegedly did donuts turned up an area where Pickett said he could see the marks from that type of activity. However, that area did not appear to be damaged, according to court documents.

Wilhoite faces a maximum of 14 years in prison, if convicted of the maximum sentence. A jury trial has been scheduled for 9 a.m. Jan. 10, 2018, in Boone County Circuit Court.

Wilhoite posted a $10,000 cash or surety bond late Monday afternoon.

Wilhoite, the owner of Wilhoite Family Farms, is a past president of the Indiana Pork Producers Association and Boone County Pork producers Association, as well as serving on the National Pork Board from 2006 to 2012. He is also husband to County Councilwoman Marcia Wilhoite.

http://www.reporter.net/news/local_news ... 03b3b.html

The kids had already left (without doing damage) he chased them down, instead of taking license plate number...
Teens doing doughnies is one thing an adult acting like a jackaxx is another.

If they were stealing or destroying something, it'd be one thing, but donuts? Find me someone that didn't whip a donut or two when they were 18 and I'll show you a liar or somebody with a bug in their azz. That fella sounds like a politician, not a farmer. .22? Really? I'm dang near old and I STILL like to do donuts when my wife lets me drive her truck.

Son of Butch":2h6gq2o9 said:
The kids had already left (without doing damage) he chased them down, instead of taking license plate number...
Teens doing doughnies is one thing an adult acting like a jackaxx is another.

That is a horse of different color I didn't read throughly enough.
If they were off his property should have left it up to LEO.

Thread scared me for a minute thought Grit was getting ready for an ear shot.

Where did y'all read that he chased them down off his property? That's to minor for a bullet behind the ear, guy needs to attend anger management classes.

"and then chased an older black car down until he passed it and forced Anastor and Percifield to stop."

I may have read too much into that statement but that's what I took it to mean

Son of Butch":25mlj1aw said:
:lol2: Responsibility for doing a doughnut?

Don't you know that your supposed to chase kids down and stick a gun in their face for doing burnouts. I'd be a real pizzed off parent if that happened to my kid. My son got caught drag racing in town, we got everything taken care of and made him wash the police cars once a week for a month.
It doesn't matter where the kids were doing the doughnuts, you don't pull a gun on someone.

True Grit Farms":327quia7 said:
Son of Butch":327quia7 said:

Don't you know that your supposed to chase kids down and stick a gun in their face for doing burnouts. I'd be a real pizzed off parent if that happened to my kid. My son got caught drag racing in town, we got everything taken care of and made him wash the police cars once a week for a month.
It doesn't matter where the kids were doing the doughnuts, you don't pull a gun on someone.
But you'd pull one on a security guard for doing her job? You know she's someone's daughter and probably someone's mother and wife....

cowgirl8":3nn3a2oj said:
True Grit Farms":3nn3a2oj said:
Son of Butch":3nn3a2oj said:

But you'd pull one on a security guard for doing her job? You know she's someone's daughter and probably someone's mother and wife....

Yes in a heartbeat, I've never pulled a gun on someone that I didn't pull the trigger on. Having a gun ready in condition one because you see a threat, is nothing like pulling a gun and pointing it at someone.

He should just got plate number and turned them in. The lil piss ants shouldn't of been doing donuts on the man's property.

Farm Fence Solutions":3m2egidq said:
If they were stealing or destroying something, it'd be one thing, but donuts? Find me someone that didn't whip a donut or two when they were 18 and I'll show you a liar or somebody with a bug in their azz.
He may have over reacted ???? I think that will depend on what part of the USA you are from.
As for doing donuts well I am 53 yrs old and never did donuts and I'm not no liar either. I was raised in a home that taught if you do stupid things and tear up your auto it cost you hard earned money. But more than that I was raised not to destroy other people property and if I did it would not have been good for me. no mater the age

Latest posts