Farm Use

Help Support CattleToday:

ZebuBull

Reaction score
Ok have a question.My land bank says farm loans available on farm equipment. Now if you buy a Street Stock / Race Car for farm use and use it on the farm as say farm truck or ATV.Allowed to do the 179 deduction?Drive it to mailbox check the mail or go feed the cows.

Clever idea. I wonder if I could get a Ford GT (GT40) classified as a farm vehicle.

Works great for keeping the DOT off your case also. As a "commercial fishermen" anything commercial is bad when dealing with the DOT a holes.

You can also go to the doctor, grocery store, church, take the kids to school.
Once a year for vacation.

What you can't do is use it for transportation for any other form of income.

ALACOWMAN":1zu3lyvm said:
dun":1zu3lyvm said:
Clever idea. I wonder if I could get a Ford GT (GT40) classified as a farm vehicle.
Love those car's...although you could buy a farm and have money left over for what one cost
The original was the sexiest car ever. Still is today!

I saw a photo in one of the magazines that I subscribed to several years ago. In this photo was taken of a livestock swap or farmers meeting to trade.There were a lot of Mercedes with a stock trailer attached.

That reminds me of about 35 years ago I was going down the highway and happened to glance at a house close to the road, with a car parked in the driveway. It was a great big 4 wheel drive chassis, with an old red Corvette body sitting on top of it.

hurleyjd":lwkywkcr said:
I saw a photo in one of the magazines that I subscribed to several years ago. In this photo was taken of a livestock swap or farmers meeting to trade.There were a lot of Mercedes with a stock trailer attached.

45 years ago, I did it to pull a bass boat.