Farm/Ranch classification

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am looking for information on classifying my <br>ranch as a ranch for tax purposes in Hood County,<br>Texas. I have heard that small ranches in Hood county <br>are having a hard time getting this classification<br>from the county tax department. Does anyone have<br>any background on this or ideas?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

I live in Texas, (but not Hood County) and have never heard of anyone having trouble "classifing" a ranch as a ranch with the tax office. Generally, when a ranch is purchased, you would immediately go to the county tax office, and apply for an "agriculture exemption". The county would check occassionally to make sure you were actually using the land for an ag purpose, but I can't imagine why it would be hard to get it!<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":16x50m9e said:
: I live in Texas, (but not Hood County) and have never heard of anyone having trouble "classifing" a ranch as a ranch with the tax office. Generally, when a ranch is purchased, you would immediately go to the county tax office, and apply for an "agriculture exemption". The county would check occassionally to make sure you were actually using the land for an ag purpose, but I can't imagine why it would be hard to get it!<p>IS THE SIZE OF RANCH A CONSIDERATION IN YOUR AREA?
<br>

[email protected]

<p>No....it doesn't matter, as long as it is ag use.
<br>

Latest posts