Farm land in each state

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/states-with-the-most-farmland/ss-BB18gNmR#image=51

This article shows amount of farmland in each state and how it is used. I found it interesting that hay and haylage shows to be an income producer in each state.

I clicked on the link and after Texas all I got was "Hitler through the eyes of his bodyguard". I would think hay selling right now is better income than what it is being fed to. Some around here buying a lot of expensive hay right now. I know what I would do with the price of cattle. I would reduce inventory if I had to buy lots of hay. Quality hay is not cheap to produce either.

This link will get all 50 states.............if you don't mind.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/states-with-the-most-farmland/ss-BB18gNmR#image=1

jltrent said:
I clicked on the link and after Texas all I got was "Hitler through the eyes of his bodyguard". I would think hay selling right now is better income than what it is being fed to. Some around here buying a lot of expensive hay right now. I know what I would do with the price of cattle. I would reduce inventory if I had to buy lots of hay. Quality hay is not cheap to produce either.

This link will get all 50 states.............if you don't mind.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/states-with-the-most-farmland/ss-BB18gNmR#image=1

First slide in the series was not tied to any state. The fifty following the first slide had to to do with the 50 states. The first slide had a hay making operation that could be to any where and not connected to the states shown.

I find it do be a bit off. They don't count range land pastures. They have Nevada listed as #40 and said it had the lowest percentage of total land in state as crop land. There is more acres of range land in that state than total acres in a lot of states listed above it. Oregon was fairly far down the list. But the picture they had was of a nice set of buildings which had the ranch brand painted on the barn and some obvious range land in the background.
I guess they just count "farm land". Dang sodbusters anyhow.

Dave said:
I find it do be a bit off. They don't count range land pastures. They have Nevada listed as #40 and said it had the lowest percentage of total land in state as crop land. There is more acres of range land in that state than total acres in a lot of states listed above it. Oregon was fairly far down the list. But the picture they had was of a nice set of buildings which had the ranch brand painted on the barn and some obvious range land in the background.
I guess they just count "farm land". Dang sodbusters anyhow.

A lot of rye grass seed grown in Oregon and clover seed.

Yes, they grow a lot of grass seed over in the Willamette Valley. There is about 7 or 8 counties in Eastern Oregon that encompass an area bigger than any one a dozen of the smaller states. Very little "farming" but almost entirely range land.

Latest posts