Farm insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

tamarack

Reaction score
It has been a year since my insurance company that I had been with for 30yrs (without any claims) cancelled me I still have no reason why. Last year a new agent came out looked the place over said that he would pray for me and left never saw him again. 3 weeks later a letter came from head office saying I would not cooperate with him and insurance was cancelled. Went through all hoops and still have not got a reason for cancellation and have been trying other insurance companys since but not one will come to farm to see what it is like or what improvements need to be made to get even farm liability or insure my machinery it is like I have been marked by one person for exclusion from insurance. I don't know what to do next , has any one gone through something like this and have any ideas? At the end of my rope. Tamarack

If you have been put on the black list it will take some doing to get your name off it. The companies will share this with each other and many or most will not give you the time of day till you are taken off the list.

Been thinking of talking to a lawyer just can't afford one just yet. I have talked to an superintendent of insurance for Canada and they say its unfortunate but insurance companies are private and they don't need to have a reason to cancel just as you have the right to quit them and go somewhere else. Thanks for help.

If you know someone in the insurance business that will go out of their way for you, you may be able to get them to go to the underwriter who put you on the black list. He will have to vouch for you to get you off the list. If you don't get off the list all companies will see you are flagged and no one will give you the time of day. Of course, they don't have a "blacklist" because this would be discriminatory but I assure you they do.

The insurance agent in the next town I went to and transferred my truck insurance works for the same company that cancelled tried to talk to underwriter and he would not budge seem he and the agent that cancelled will not budge. The new agent is the only one that has come out and tells me that he cant see anything that warrants cancellation and recommended reinstating insurance. The company will not budge, agent thinks that underwriter , old agent, are afraid to admit they made a mistake. I bought a bull at a sale online and asked for insurance on him the stockman insurance called me and asked if I had ever been cancelled by an insurance company and I had to answer yes and he asked why and I had to tell him I didn't know they charged me an extra 50$ how does that work?

tamarack":32eykefv said:
The insurance agent in the next town I went to and transferred my truck insurance works for the same company that cancelled tried to talk to underwriter and he would not budge seem he and the agent that cancelled will not budge. The new agent is the only one that has come out and tells me that he cant see anything that warrants cancellation and recommended reinstating insurance. The company will not budge, agent thinks that underwriter , old agent, are afraid to admit they made a mistake. I bought a bull at a sale online and asked for insurance on him the stockman insurance called me and asked if I had ever been cancelled by an insurance company and I had to answer yes and he asked why and I had to tell him I didn't know they charged me an extra 50$ how does that work?

Phone him back and see if he'll give you farm liability for another extra $50.

tamarack":244q45wd said:
stockman insurance called me and asked if I had ever been cancelled by an insurance company and I had to answer yes and he asked why and I had to tell him I didn't know they charged me an extra 50$ how does that work?

Since it sounds like you are on the list they insured your through a high risk carrier.

Until you get your name off the list you will be forced to carry high risk insurance assuming you can get it. You must have somehow made the guy mad. What made him say he would pray for you. Did you have harsh words with him?

Latest posts