Farm insurance?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Who do you carry your farm policy with? We have ours with Ky Farm Bureau and wanted to compare rates. They are really high on their auto quotes and got me to wondering if they are high on the farm and home insurance.

Called another local agent to get quotes on farm, home and auto and its been 2 days with no response. Guess they don't want new business.

What other companies should I look at?

State Farm is a good company with good service. I have everything with them then another general liability policy through Lords of London.

We have everything insured through Farm Bureau also. I haven't compared rates in a long time. I guess so far we have been really happy with their claims service and have just kept paying the bills. I think that claim service is the key to insurance so as long as I am satisfied with that I will not be looking around. However if you have not had claims that is great for you and you should do some more shopping.

We dropped FB about 5 years ago. Their agents sucked and their prices were too high. We had ANPAC untilthis year, more coverage then FB for less money and the one claimwe had they were johnny at the rat hole to take care of. They decided this year that buildings over 10 years old were worth a whole lot more in premiums then we liked. Polcy went up 900 bucks. We're now with a smaller independent (they're affiliated with a lrger pool), prices were lower, coverage was higher, settled on the barn right away and if you have a question you can call your agent or the head cheeses of the company for information.

1982vett":328g1cd6 said:
Farm Bureau. Never had a problem with filing a claim.
Looks like I will stick with them. Some of the others have not even bothered to get back with me on a quote. I did talk to the ANPAC agent and he was the only one that seem eager to quote. A local agent was going to work on quoting farm, home and vehicles and its been over a week with no call back.

tom4018":bzg42kfv said:
1982vett":bzg42kfv said:
Farm Bureau. Never had a problem with filing a claim.
Looks like I will stick with them. Some of the others have not even bothered to get back with me on a quote. I did talk to the ANPAC agent and he was the only one that seem eager to quote. A local agent was going to work on quoting farm, home and vehicles and its been over a week with no call back.
Years ago when it seemed my insurance was going up and up every year I finally decided to shop for new at a well know "best rates anywhere" national company. Sat down with the agent and discussed what I had. He didn't even bother to work up a quote. Flat out said he couldn't beat them....but that was a long time ago.

Now each year it seems to get cheaper and cheaper as the vehicles (and I) get older and older. :lol:

Anyone use Ohio Casualty insurance? Got a quote from a local agent for them, more coverage for less money.

Do not have a whole lot of positive things to say about FB. They evidently think that having 2 tornados in 3 years is my fault. Rates went sky high and we still haven't settled over the damages from the last one (going on 3 years). I still a hole in my kitchen ceiling. They want to patch the hole but 2/3 of the house's entire ceiling had water damage and the insulation was all sucked out. I am also fighting them on the siding. Have letters from manufacture saying my siding is no longer made and can not be matched to patch it. I had to re-side the whole house. The house is less than 10 years old. Never again. Went to a small company that is tied in with AAA and the rates are far cheaper and we have more coverage. Also our new agent spends his time in his office and not on some paid vacation to France or Mexico like our FB agent.

Here is a link you might find interesting

http://farmbureaulies.com/default.aspx

Latest posts