Farm insurance?

Help Support CattleToday:

I've been insured by Germania for over 30 years. Only had 2-3 claims during that time and all were handled promptly and to our satisfaction.

I have home owners..auto..and a ranch umbrella for a million and nobody could do better. on my commercial truck...fl60 freightliner registered a an rv...progressive killed em all but many time over. had ffb ever since ive had he ranch...23 yrs now

Currently everything with State Farm. We do review every few years and make appropriate adjustments. I highly recommend a ranch umbrella! All it takes is one person to trespass on your property, have an accident & sue you for everything (or their family members can & will).

TCRanch said:
Currently everything with State Farm. We do review every few years and make appropriate adjustments. I highly recommend a ranch umbrella! All it takes is one person to trespass on your property, have an accident & sue you for everything (or their family members can & will).
Most dangerous person driving my road is UPS and FedEx. One cow get hit and Jim Adler is going to have a field day.
Doesn't matter that they drive this dirt road like it's interstate.

Caustic Burno said:
TCRanch said:
Most dangerous person driving my road is UPS and FedEx. One cow get hit and Jim Adler is going to have a field day.

Whaaaat?!? Oh, that's horrible! But I can see it happening. Last winter I got a call from a FedEx driver because he couldn't find the house. Looked out the front window while I was on the phone with him & saw him driving around in the central pasture. Idiot! Especially because there is an enormous sign at the entrance that clearly states House - take the road left, Barn - take the road right. Reading is fundamental.

We have a lot of liability because of the watershed lake. We only own 40 acres of it & have no control who utilizes the other 20 (primarily fishing) and whether they venture to "our side".

Caustic Burno said:
TCRanch said:
I have State Farm. Shopped every agent in Baker when I bought this place. They had the best coverage at the best price. If an agent doesn't have ranch insurance in Baker County they will be out of business pretty quick.
One of the advantages of living in a county that is all open range. UPS or FedEx or anyone else hits a cow.... she was a prize cow and they have to pay me for her. And this time of the year to get to my place you have to drive through plenty of cows on the road.

The old agent now has asked if we had any claims, we had hail damage in March. Now that changes the quote but not sure how much yet, they seem to be playing 20 questions now. I guess on the plus side FB looked over the other quote and has lowered my deductibles and a very small price reduction.