Farm House

Help Support CattleToday:

Wisteria Farms":2y5xku42 said:
Thats funny you say that...I find myself standing at base of the steps hollering "where are you!!". Its big because our office is over our garage... we sold the office in town so we could watch over our cattle all day just by looking out the window. Anytime you're in our "neck of the woods" let me know... we'd be glad to have you come by for a visit. We're just north of St. Louis.

Hoss/TNMasterBeef... great places. Hoss, ... love the front porch. TN.. love that you're on the water...how cool. Someone asked "why the big houses"... well, for us, my husbands family is spread out all over the US. As such we have company pretty frequently. Also, I am one of only two of us in the family that has holidays (even when I was in our small ranch I had holidays) so, I really wanted to be able to hold the family comfortably by having a large dining room/kitchen/breakfast nook. Also, there's a possibility that the inlaws could start staying 6mos out of the year with us.. so gave my daughter a bedroom with a bath in prep for that...then there's the office... why pay for two places when you can combine it into one... so for us, we really needed the room. If you visit though you'd see we're very "downhome" (IL slang)...we treasure simple things/old ways.

Wisteria, I spend about 9 days per year in early November on our bow hunting lease near the Rushville / Beardstown area so I know about where you are at. I drive almost into St. Louis and then turn north on I-55.

Hoss- have you figured your net worth lately? that "sweat equity" you used will really make a significant difference. you did a tremendous job- that is a place anyone would be proud to call home - and the view is spectactular.

ROB

ROB":2xdq4lyt said:
Hoss- have you figured your net worth lately? that "sweat equity" you used will really make a significant difference. you did a tremendous job- that is a place anyone would be proud to call home - and the view is spectactular.

ROB

Yes. I had it appraised and there is a huge amount of equity between the house and the farm. The problem is that it only has a benefit if you sell it and right now I can't see doing that until I am old. Another problem is that Obama has said that he wants to put the capital gains tax back in place at 46%. If he gets elected and has his way there is no way I can afford to sell and give almost half to the guberment. :x

hey hoss you know you cant sell that pretty farm of yours.you got baby hoss growing up.an youll give the farm to your kids so they can keep running cows.

HOSS":2tl8xjjd said:
ROB":2tl8xjjd said:

ROB

Yes. I had it appraised and there is a huge amount of equity between the house and the farm. The problem is that it only has a benefit if you sell it and right now I can't see doing that until I am old. Another problem is that Obama has said that he wants to put the capital gains tax back in place at 46%. If he gets elected and has his way there is no way I can afford to sell and give almost half to the guberment. :x

Hoss I believe that is you are married and lived in the house 2 or the past 5 years then the first $500,000 of profit is tax free.

TexasBred":11fdpyik said:
HOSS":11fdpyik said:
ROB":11fdpyik said:

ROB

Hoss I believe that is you are married and lived in the house 2 or the past 5 years then the first $500,000 of profit is tax free.

Obama wants to change this to a much lower profit amount.....besides by the time I sell the farm 500k wont be much :shock:

Beautiful homes everyone! Very impressive! I'm just glad I don't have to CLEAN any of them! I'd rather be on a tractor or dozer than in the house! :lol2:

Nice job Hoss, you have a lot to be proud of! Most of all your hard work and dedication. I get crabby and burnt out if I have to do a minor 1 hour repair in the house. I'm always proud for people who work hard to build something with money they have already worked hard for. Homebuilder, farmer, taxidermist....a real go getter!

TNMasterBeefProducer":jne1ifop said:
TheBullLady":jne1ifop said:
Beautiful homes everyone! Very impressive! I'm just glad I don't have to CLEAN any of them! I'd rather be on a tractor or dozer than in the house! :lol2:

That is what cleaning ladies are for. I got a lady that comes and cleans mine once a weak for 50.00. It usually takes her about 2-4 hours.
YOU GOT CLEANING LADIES????? What the heck.. I've got 3 daughters and they do "chores"... dusting, dishes, etc. (I know your boys are gone TN...)
I'd kill for a cleaning lady!

smallrancher":1xutbwil said:
Nice job Hoss, you have a lot to be proud of! Most of all your hard work and dedication. I get crabby and burnt out if I have to do a minor 1 hour repair in the house. I'm always proud for people who work hard to build something with money they have already worked hard for. Homebuilder, farmer, taxidermist....a real go getter!

Taxidermist was by neccessity.....when I started "collecting" my specimens my wife said that the expense was getting such that I either had to quit hunting or learn taxidermy. I was attending college at the time and the biology prof. taught taxidermy at night and gave a credit in biology (animal anatomy) if the whole spectrum of courses was taken. That was birds, fish, small mammals and big game. I needed the biology credit to finish my degree so it was a natural fit :D