Fancy Brangus Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

3G Farms

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what is meant when a Brangus heifer is described as fancy.

it means she is a goodlooking front pasture type of cow.1 that you would be proud to own.

3G Farms":2jtsjp6o said:
Can somebody tell me what is meant when a Brangus heifer is described as fancy.

About an extra $300 or so dollars. :)

Just as the others said, a brangus heifer that really looks nice is described as fancy.This would be a heifer that is conformationally great and has the potential to be a good moma cow. I have a few of those, may sell this coming fall as bred fancies. Now that might "ring the bell" as our 'ol buddy Caustic likes to say.

Caution though, not all fancies are fancy, and some regulars are fancy after they are managed right. My dad has the knack of taking run of the mill commercial brangus looking heifer calves (400 - 500) pounds, and turning them into fancy bred heifers which sell for a good bit. I think he has some type of special fancy shot that he gives them.

Hey Cypress...give me about 8 weeks and I'll have some of them "fancy brangus heifers" for you come pick up. ;-)

TexasBred":3gis64j9 said:
Hey Cypress...give me about 8 weeks and I'll have some of them "fancy brangus heifers" for you come pick up. ;-)

They are out in the pasture - about 35 give or take. They aint for sale :D Their function is to make a lot more. :nod:

TexasBred":34zm8sga said:
like to have a pasture loaded, with those fancy ones myself......

alacattleman":1c22k0dc said:
TexasBred":1c22k0dc said:
like to have a pasture loaded, with those fancy ones myself......

For sure....by the way...my old "soon to be" 14 year old cow from CC Ranch in Alabama had her 12th calf Jan 8th. Bull calf and only weighed 66 lbs. Growing already tho and can run like a deer. :)

Latest posts