Family squabbles

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":1j9ebz3r said:
ALACOWMAN":1j9ebz3r said:
NMVaquero":1j9ebz3r said:
I can say....
I will be happy when the city cousins go home.
I do not understand why they come here if it makes them unhappy to be hot, tired, and dirty.
may bring balance to their lives :cowboy:

Nope, they come in and try to tell us how to do every thing. Being that "they made it" to the big city they feel qualified to tell the rest of us how things work.
we call those yankees.....

Brute 23":3fipt6lx said:
ALACOWMAN":3fipt6lx said:
NMVaquero":3fipt6lx said:
I can say....
I will be happy when the city cousins go home.
I do not understand why they come here if it makes them unhappy to be hot, tired, and dirty.
may bring balance to their lives :cowboy:

Nope, they come in and try to tell us how to do every thing. Being that "they made it" to the big city they feel qualified to tell the rest of us how things work.

I really do feel better knowing that there are other people who understand what I have to deal with. :lol: The funny part was that my braggin' a$$ brother in law sat there all afternoon telling my dad and myself and two neighbors how good he was and why we should do everything his way and I know for a fact that he is the least wealthy out of all of us but WE had enough class not to say anything. :lol: We did eat pretty good though... hamburgers and hotdogs weren't good enough for HIS family so we bought tri-tips from the butcher and convinced him that he needed to show us backwards hicks how it was done. :nod:

True story--------The last time we visited my wife's people in Atlanta I got so bored (They live in a house on a small lot in a subdivision) I went down the street and helped frame a house. The contractor and the guys working for him didn't believe me at first that I just wanted to work and not get paid. After about an hour we were the best of friends. I put in three days on that job. The guy took me out to lunch the last day, and wanted to give me a chain saw on the last day when I left. I told him I was just glad to be doing something. My wife would take our vehicle shopping everyday. I would drive the inlaws lawn mower to work. I've never gone back. Probably never will.

Bigfoot":1vjbu9uy said:
True story--------The last time we visited my wife's people in Atlanta I got so bored (They live in a house on a small lot in a subdivision) I went down the street and helped frame a house. The contractor and the guys working for him didn't believe me at first that I just wanted to work and not get paid. After about an hour we were the best of friends. I put in three days on that job. The guy took me out to lunch the last day, and wanted to give me a chain saw on the last day when I left. I told him I was just glad to be doing something. My wife would take our vehicle shopping everyday. I would drive the inlaws lawn mower to work. I've never gone back. Probably never will.

Driving the lawn mower to work and working for free :clap:
Next time your bored give me a holler I've got a few jobs you can do for free

Cross, I would enjoy seeing how you guys do things. Infact, my wife kids have gone to Florida this week, and are going to stop in on her sister on the way home.

ALACOWMAN":3vnfu8fc said:
we call those yankees.....[/quote]

Heck we call the folks from DFW yankees. :lol2: :lol2:

Bigfoot":1knb0aye said:
Cross, I would enjoy seeing how you guys do things. Infact, my wife kids have gone to Florida this week, and are going to stop in on her sister on the way home.

Come on down I hope I have my place sold(if they don't back like it seems people do now days)
I'd bet we could find plenty to do

cow pollinater":1gxupo55 said:
The funny part was that my braggin' a$$ brother in law sat there all afternoon telling my dad and myself and two neighbors how good he was and why we should do everything his way and I know for a fact that he is the least wealthy out of all of us but WE had enough class not to say anything. :lol:

:nod: Yup

Nope, they come in and try to tell us how to do every thing. Being that "they made it" to the big city they feel qualified to tell the rest of us how things work.[/quote] we call those yankees.....[/quote]

We call them "damn Yankees"

We are blessed as a family. My brothers and I get along great, and I even love my mother in law. Most of our family hunts and fish together as the seasons go. And every year we have a family reunion somewhere. If you can't depend on family, who can you depend on??

highgrit":3pkwh6ar said:
We are blessed as a family. My brothers and I get along great, and I even love my mother in law. Most of our family hunts and fish together as the seasons go. And every year we have a family reunion somewhere. If you can't depend on family, who can you depend on??

Sounds like you have a close knit family buddy. Hold on to them. ;-)

dun":6sgmjrr7 said:
highgrit":6sgmjrr7 said:
If you can't depend on family, who can you depend on??
YOURSELF

Your Friends

My dad and I were going back and forth about some people in his family when I was probably 20-21 years old. I was on a rant because some things that went on. Long story short, I picked up my phone and dialed 5 family members. Called them twice back to back so they would know it was important. One answered, one called me back later. I called 3 of my friends and two of their dads. Both dad's answered, one friend answered. The other two friends text me and asked what was going on. He was pretty POed about the deal but got off my butt about family this and family that.

I have some really great family. They are great because they are great people, not just because they are family. I have some that I refuse to associate with. They are drains on society.

I thought I was the only one with family issues. That is a great story about framing a house down the street. Too bad my inlaws moved 15 min away from me. I finally did get the stopping by un-announced stopped, though. I guess that is some progress. LOL

GMN":3knyzefd said:
i would have to write a novel and believe me i could-

You shouldn't fret over things so much.

Dun I aint moving half way across the country. SSS :lol:

Latest posts