Family Reunion

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Dunn,I will be coming up by your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks.I'll be traveling I 44 to route8 at St.James then turn toward Steelville.It will probably around 1ish in the morning when I come near your place so I'll keep on trucking.
We have had it at Centerville Mo. for the past 30 yr but this year the Suttons Bluff campground will be closed due to blacktopping the roads. So we moved it up to Park Hills.St.Jo campground.
Anyone live around there is more than welcome to come.

Cal

Calman":1wz3h60f said:
Dunn,I will be coming up by your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks.I'll be traveling I 44 to route8 at St.James then turn toward Steelville.It will probably around 1ish in the morning when I come near your place so I'll keep on trucking.
We have had it at Centerville Mo. for the past 30 yr but this year the Suttons Bluff campground will be closed due to blacktopping the roads. So we moved it up to Park Hills.St.Jo campground.
Anyone live around there is more than welcome to come.

Cal

Park Hills is less than 30 minutes from us. When are you coming? I'll be on my honeymoon next week, so if it is then I wouldn't be able to show you around. If it's a different time, I'd love to have you come by.

Greatgerts,that would be fun for sure.I'm sure Desoto has changed a whole bunch since I've been there.
I went to Desoto high school but that was in 1959.I will be at the park on the 15th of Jul.

Cal

Honk when you go through/past Lebanon. I'll be up but won;t hear it.

St Joe Park is just on the west side of Farmington. We're about 5 miles east, so only about 15 minutes from the park. We should finish hay this week if the rain holds off, but right now we need the rain worse than the hay. Might be able to get together for a visit.

Calman":29ywkxyp said:
Greatgerts,that would be fun for sure.I'm sure Desoto has changed a whole bunch since I've been there.
I went to Desoto high school but that was in 1959.I will be at the park on the 15th of Jul.

Cal

I wish I would be in town. I'm heading out Saturday and will be gone for 8 days. My dad graduated De Soto in '67 if I remember correctly. (I know, I'm a young'n).
Do you remember a company A.E. Wease? That was my great-grandpa.

fit2btied":2w78jpnq said:
St Joe Park is just on the west side of Farmington. We're about 5 miles east, so only about 15 minutes from the park. We should finish hay this week if the rain holds off, but right now we need the rain worse than the hay. Might be able to get together for a visit.

Sounds great would enjoy meeting you.I will be at the park from the 15th to the 18th.
Is the auction barn still there in Farmington?

Cal

greatgerts":3om4tymw said:
Calman":3om4tymw said:

Cal

I wish I would be in town. I'm heading out Saturday and will be gone for 8 days. My dad graduated De Soto in '67 if I remember correctly. (I know, I'm a young'n).

Greatgirts I would sure enjoy visiting with you.I will be there on the 15th to the 18th.
I don't remember to much about anyone in Desoto.I went to Sunrise grade school and them to Desoto High.
Lived at silver Springs,halfway between Desoto and Bonne Terre.
I left and went into the military when I turned 17 and have only been back to visit about once a year since.

Cal

dun":xw5oq0c8 said:
Honk when you go through/past Lebanon. I'll be up but won;t hear it.

Dunn I usually stop at the resturant there by the Bowl factory there in Lebanon,and take a brake.
But it will probably be around 1 or 2 in the morning.

Cal

Calman":26uv115k said:
Sounds great would enjoy meeting you.I will be at the park from the 15th to the 18th.
Is the auction barn still there in Farmington? Cal
Barn is still there, Wednesdays @ 10:30, as is the one in Fredericktown, Thursdays @ 12:30 or 1:00. Farmington is owned/ran by Keith Robertson now. He also has the barn in St. Clair and I think one other. Silas Dees probably still owned it when you were here. His son Steve and his family are one of the biggest and busiest estate auction companies around this area now. Cureton family runs the Fredericktown auction now, but it doesn't have as many 'buyers' or nearly the volume going through the Farmington market.

Calman":3vr21z8z said:
greatgerts":3vr21z8z said:
Calman":3vr21z8z said:

Cal

Greatgirts I would sure enjoy visiting with you.I will be there on the 15th to the 18th.
I don't remember to much about anyone in Desoto.I went to Sunrise grade school and them to Desoto High.
Lived at silver Springs,halfway between Desoto and Bonne Terre.
I left and went into the military when I turned 17 and have only been back to visit about once a year since.

Cal

Sunrise isn't that far from the house. I live on Big River Heights. If you remember people talking about the "Sears house", that is my family's place. Unfortunately, I won't be back until really late on the 18th. Maybe next time you are up this way, I can show you around. I'd love to be able to do the same if I am down in your country.

Calman, thanks for the invitation and hospitality! I always enjoy getting together to cuss and discuss cattle. Neat to learn how other people operate and pick up new ideas or refresh old ones. Also sure is relaxing to visit and share ideas and stories when people aren't breed or color blind! I've probably met a half dozen or so CT members and it sure was nice adding you to that list! Hope your family enjoyed their visit to the lead belt and that all have safe journies back home! Hope you are able to meet up with dun for a cup of coffee on your way back. He told me he was just a 'cantankerous old phart' but I've never talked to anyone that knows any more about cattle than he does. I've learned something every time I've talked to him - and most of it was even good stuff! :) Thanks again!

I really had a wonderfull trip to mo and the reunion.
Was really good to meet someone on cattle today.I think fit2btied and I solved all the problems and hardships of raising cattle. :lol: :lol:
I had a wonderfull visit with Fit2btied. Wanted to visit with Dunn but passed through his neck-o-the woods at around 3am in the morning,and didn't wan't to disturb him that early.

Cal

Calman":179dfeim said:
Was really good to meet someone on cattle today.I think fit2btied and I solved all the problems and hardships of raising cattle. :lol: :lol:
I had a wonderfull visit with Fit2btied. Wanted to visit with Dunn but passed through his neck-o-the woods at around 3am in the morning,and didn't wan't to disturb him that early.

Cal
3 am is just about my normal getting up time. Have you ever noticed the strange hours that I post? I kept the phone with me waiting for a call.

dun":21eoocoj said:
Calman":21eoocoj said:

Cal
3 am is just about my normal getting up time. Have you ever noticed the strange hours that I post? I kept the phone with me waiting for a call.

I wished I had of called ya Dunn had I known ya might have been up that late or just getting up.
I will be coming through the same time next year and I will for sure stop by and call.

Cal