Fall

Help Support CattleToday:

gizmom":f9p1mcwy said:

I was thinking the same thing Gizmom. According to the local weather report, this past Friday was the hottest day we've had all year. Really? In September? I'm ready for fall. And winter. Sick of this heat and all the bugs that come with it. I've often thought about how productive I could be in a years time if it weren't for half the year being above 85 degrees.

I would not move any farther south. I enjoy the seasons. Kentucky has about the right conditions for all four seasons, although this year was out of normal. Almost went from winter to summer. Then summer was like living on a tropical island. Hope we have a pretty fall. It can be spectacular here if the stars line up right.

Bright Raven":1swiftyo said:
I would not move any farther south. I enjoy the seasons. Kentucky has about the right conditions for all four seasons, although this year was out of normal. Almost went from winter to summer. Then summer was like living on a tropical island. Hope we have a pretty fall. It can be spectacular here if the stars line up right.

I love the Ky climate. As you mentioned, it was a little off this year, but we usually get a good dose of each season, and I like that. I like the change. I wouldn't want to live where the weather is typically the same all year. I couldn't stand to live where it's cold all the time, and I wouldn't want it to be 80 degrees on Christmas Day either.

We also don't get the extreme weather that other places get. Although we've had some big snows over the years, it's never quite as paralyzing as it can get further north. No hurricanes, and although we can have some dry times, drought is never as bad as other places.
Just about the time we think it's going to get serious, it will start raining.

It hit 40 the other morning and has been warming up to about75. It has felt nice, that's for sure.

September is the worst tease. You'll get a week of a beautiful weather, and the rest will be like August.

Had 4 days of high 80s and another hot week forecasted. I've been ready for fall since mid-June.

Hard to get anything done, cows don't want to cooperate when the weather is like this and I don't blame them. I'd be neck deep in a pond too.

I'm ready for our annual fall trip to the mountains for apples and to see the colors in October. Planning on making it all the way to the hunting camp Manchester KY. We're going to take the back roads through Shady Valley TN my wife has never been that way. I highly recommend it.

It has been down to 38-39 a couple mornings with the high getting up to 72. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. It is absolutely wonderful. I even put on a long sleeve shirt for a while this morning. The mosquitoes have thinned down considerably. In about 4 months when I have snow up to my eye brows I might be singing a different tune. But right now I am happy the hot weather has gone away.

Gizmom, put a snowy pic in there and I can re-purpose your meme in 8 months: "It's SPRING! Spring in Upstate NY!!! What does that mean? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It's still 20 degrees!"

We have the 4 seasons here. Our altitude of 960m compensates a bit for our latitude and makes things a bit milder. A lot of apples and stone fruit grown here and the blossoms let you know when spring is here. Great climate really, when we do get heat in summer the humidity is usually low which makes it bearable.

Ken

wbvs58":r8pj8dfw said:
We have the 4 seasons here. Our altitude of 960m compensates a bit for our latitude and makes things a bit milder. A lot of apples and stone fruit grown here and the blossoms let you know when spring is here. Great climate really, when we do get heat in summer the humidity is usually low which makes it bearable.

Ken

Got 4 seasons here too, December, January, February, and Summer.

Atimm693":1letfjvo said:
wbvs58":1letfjvo said:

Ken

yep..usually spring gets you ready for summer, and fall gets you ready for winter..... now you just better be ready...

Atimm693":ytt81r83 said:
wbvs58":ytt81r83 said:

Ken

You my neighbor?

(we do have Fall.sometimes. It gets in the 70-80s instead of the high 90s or 100s.)

Latest posts