Fall is in the air

Help Support CattleToday:

We have had mid-50's for lows and mid-70's for highs for a couple of weeks. Absolutely gorgeous time of the year. I have had a feeling down deep in my bones for a month that our winter this year will be a very cold one and some of the above posts indicate the same.

You betcha! Calves are bringing good money right now too because of it. The fields have went from ol brown worked ground to nice lush green carpeted. Beautiful time of year. The moisture is sure a blessing.

It has been 17-18 degrees every morning. The last couple it has been 22. You wouldn't think that is much different but I can sure feel it. It is still dark out but I see the thermometer is at 32. A heat wave!!!

It's 5F at this time 7:30 AM here. Sun won't pop over the hill for another hour and half.
Got up to 25 F yesterday so brought the bulls in and poured Ivomec.
Fall is a distant memory lol

It got light enough to see outside. Fresh snow over on Little Lookout. The snow level is just above the house a few hundred feet. A dozen pairs migrating down the road. They have had enough of living in the hills. They are headed towards the winter feed grounds. I think, spring has sprung and fall has fell, winter is here and it will cold as h......

Latest posts