Fall Harvest Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
Just a shout out to anyone near Springfield, MO this weekend. We are having our Missouri State Simmental fall sale at the Springfield Livestock Marketing Center on December 2nd. I would love to meet up with anyone near the area, and of course we have cattle in the sale. One pair, 4 bred cows, 5 bred heifers, and three fall heifers being sold as open but we are AI'ng them this week (so hopefully bred).
Come by and visit!
Here is the catalog:
http://cattleindemand.com/2017/08/04/fall-harvest-2/

34y6xwx.jpg

2djp9br.jpg

73kldd.jpg

Hunter":3oqjvtt4 said:
Good luck at your sale.
Do you ever do private treaty?

Yes, but not typically open heifers. Our kids like to show, so I never want to sell an open heifer to a kid, to then go to a show and compete against them.

And thank you! We have been really dry out here, so I hope that does not affect the prices. The weather will be great (warm), so a good day to hold a sale.

Kris, I know it was not easy to cut back on your herd. I only know one other person more passionate about their cattle than you. :hat:

Our sale went pretty good, I think. Here is the break down, for those who want to know how breed sales go:

Open Heifers averaged $2023, with the high seller bringing $4500 and the low $900

Bred heifers averaged $2324, with the high seller bringing $3100 and the low $1750

Bred cows averaged $1670, with the high seller bringing $1800 and the low $1300

Pairs brought $2330, with the high seller bringing $3900 and the low seller bringing $1700

Bulls averaged $2945, with the high bringing $4750 and the low $1850 (12 month old).

We sold all of our girls (12 total- 2 open heifers, a pair, 5 bred heifers, and 3 bred cows), and even brought home a new little May open heifer to show.

Good Report! Was curious about going. Dad and Uncles are gradually looking for a few replacement bred heifers or cows. Think they'll probably wait closer to Spring weather and go somewhere closer. Trying to make sure they buy good stock from a respectable breeder or sale and what they buy isn't crazy since we share the same pastures. Again thanks for reporting.