Fall Cow/Calf Pairs

Help Support CattleToday:

Jen

Reaction score
I am looking to find some fall cow/calf pairs for sale, privately. I have been trying to look online and in local papers and haven't had much luck. Looked under the Farm and Ranch Guide and found some links to other papers in the Neb/Iowa area, also looked in Ag Week and The Green Sheet. Wondering if some of you could give some names of agriculture newspapers or even some good websites, preferably with in the area of Kansas/Colorado and north. That would be about the farthest distance south I would want to travel. I am in ND and haven't found any in the state; that are at least for sale, anyway. Any names would be appreciated. :cboy: Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your replies. I have been on cattle today, but not cattle range. I will checking that one out shortly. Also, OK Jeanne, looking for 80+ head so hate to start buying couple here and there; I didn't state that so you wouldn't have known. Thanks you both.

Try Craigslist. Believe it or not, that is where I found mine (finally).

Michele

I know of at least 1 fall calving dispersion if you're looking for purebred pairs....the way the market is going right now you might be able to get some steals...

klintdog, wasn't looking in particular for purebreds, but would be interested. What do you know about them?

There are several internet sales going on or coming up. Try Big Blue Sale Barn or Ogallala Livestock Auction, both are out of Nebraska, but Big Blue is all over the western US. I saw some really nice cows for sale on Big Blue and their sale is this Thursday. I think the ones from Montana are fall calvers. There are quite a few spring calvers. Good luck.

High Plains Journal. They have listings for commercial and purebred and they are online. Should cover the geographic area you described.

www.hpj.com