fall colors

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
well here in wv its starting to happen,in another week or so we'll really have a display.. if the frost dont get us.. took these yesterday at farm.would of been better if hadnt been so cloudy, our camping days are numberd... :( Rose
IM000982.jpg

heres a pic of what will be a nice field hopefully by next summer,i have been brush hogging more and more, all the prop looked like that hill side when we got it 2 yrs ago
IM000996.jpg

last one,this is the field were fencing now,we have whiped out the brush,and have some grass coming,gonna lime this fall,

IM000984.jpg

Beautiful. Fall is my absolute favorite season.

Alice

The Dogwoods are turning red here, and a few Maples. I'll have to post some pics here in a week or 2. We are supposed to be in the mid thirties here by the end of the week.

Beautiful country and pictures, Rose. Seems like leaves here have started to turn almost overnight and a cold front is on the way, after 5" of rain the last two days. I'm not ready for this (mentally).

Our fall colors are real intense for a day then the leaves on that tree are brown the next. They just aren;t hangin on for a week or two at a time like usual.

dun

The local weather person noted the other day that in the areas that had drought problems, the trees will turn faster, with more vibrant colors than usual, but then will lose the leaves faster than normal also.

I thought that was an interesting bit of info myself!

Beautiful countryside Rose. Beautiful pictures. Wouldn't mind living in that kind of country.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Rose. Where have you been? I had been hoping you wouldn't need bailing out of the local county jail with that crazy neighbor of yours.

Nice pictures.

backhoeboogie":3bgveeb7 said:
Hi Rose. Where have you been? I had been hoping you wouldn't need bailing out of the local county jail with that crazy neighbor of yours.

Nice pictures.
LOL :lol: nope, they aint put them "fancy braclets" on me yet!

LOL im sure she thought i was stalking her while i was taking pic

. LOL i have been busy working on fence along rd, but ill be back to poke the bees nest when i do the other prop line. she said fire dept couldnt get to her house because of my fence,legaly we gave her 12 ft but i gave 15-16 feet inbetween my fence for road way, talked to the chief of fire dept, the trucks are 8 ft. and he didnt know any thing about fire dept comming and looking at road.
well just nip that before it gets out of hand. im thinking she gonna burn her house down and blame me for fire dept not putting it out... but im still farmming! hogs are looking real good! Rose

yeah i seen that on radar.. i hope we dont get any.. but where we are in wv we'll get it.. the leaves arent falling much yet, few yr back we had the worst ice stome i had ever seen or heard of.. sounded like a war zone power off for a week, trees broke for two days and nights. the woods hasnt recoped from that one yet still alot of storm whiped trees leaning.. it was scary hearing trees braking and falling alnight..

the only fall color we get here is brown..lots of different shades of brown :lol: :roll:

Hasbeen":2155h6nu said:
Beautiful place, Rose. Is some of that reclaimed strip mine land?
yes it was done the the early 70's some parts are pretty flat. { really hummpy bummy} with a pond, back behind the camper in a pond cove thats pretty good size peice of land dont look it from top of hill but once you go there it pretty nice or it will be in time
i keep cutting out more and more.. need lime big time soil very hot with acid..but i have a n acer in blueberry plants,, the soil is perfect for them.. the highlands and mules love the brush thay have help clean up a lot.. fencing is not the easiest there... have to jackhammer the post holes.. for me i jst cant get the fence built fast enough LOL Rose

what a beautiful looking place. Something has gone wrong with our Autumn this year our trees are still green in full leaf and it is warm, usually by now we need coats and gloves and scarves, but still walking about in t-shirts as it is so warm, 21C in October, very strange, not normal. hope it is not a sign of a really bad winter to come. ;-)

brownmule":2uxypq4c said:
Hasbeen":2uxypq4c said:
Beautiful place, Rose. Is some of that reclaimed strip mine land?
yes it was done the the early 70's some parts are pretty flat. { really hummpy bummy} with a pond, back behind the camper in a pond cove thats pretty good size peice of land dont look it from top of hill but once you go there it pretty nice or it will be in time
i keep cutting out more and more.. need lime big time soil very hot with acid..but i have a n acer in blueberry plants,, the soil is perfect for them.. the highlands and mules love the brush thay have help clean up a lot.. fencing is not the easiest there... have to jackhammer the post holes.. for me i jst cant get the fence built fast enough LOL Rose

I thought so. That much flat land is hard to come by in our area and old strip mines make excellent farms except, as you said, it's hard to get the soil in shape. Still, it's a beautiful place and you've done well with it.

Latest posts