Fall colors

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas said:
Amazing the condition of your cows and calves. Is that on just grass? Surely not.

Since 2 years we don't creep feed the heifer calves on pasture. The bull calves are creep feed but they are wean right now and are not on those pictures. All the calves have grain in the barn until the end of may (born January-February for the most of them) but they don't eat that much grain at that age. The cows here are fat, they pass winter in barns and have corn silage from mid January to May with hay. Pasture are on rotation, 4-5 days by paddock. In October to December they are fed with first cut of hay. round bales free choice.

Heifer calves daily gain is 2,4lbs/day and the bull calves gain 3lbs/day, they were weight on September 3.

So glad to see your posts. Love to look at your cattle. The colors are really pretty, a great backdrop to the fantastic condition on your cattle. There are some nice heifers in that group too.

Those beautiful white cattle sure bring out the bright fall colors in the background. super nice pics to see early on a Monday morning.

Thanks for posting. Those pictures AND CATTLE are amazing! Beautiful scenery, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't stand the winters up there. I'd love to see Canada someday in my lifetime, but would prefer Fall WELL before winter. haha Thanks again for posting. Those are some VERY NICE Charolais cattle. Probably the best I've seen.

Takes a whole lot of work and effort, too get cattle that look that good. all the time...those cattle are cookie cuts..what I've
Been reaching for ..

Nice fall colors and some even nicer cattle, love the way they're built. I like the fact that they're not real leggy like alot of Charolais I see.

Little Joe said:
Nice fall colors and some even nicer cattle, love the way they're built. I like the fact that they're not real leggy like alot of Charolais I see.

We check the rectangle of the animal body and he must be bigger than the rectangle of air below the belly.

Dubcharo said:
Little Joe said:

We check the rectangle of the animal body and he must be bigger than the rectangle of air below the belly.

I like that form of "measurement"..... Something many ought to look at on their own cattle.... our own included. Makes me think about looking at some of mine in a different way, from a different angle.... Thank you.

Latest posts