Fall Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
Comments, Favorites??

October Growth Fund Heifer

Another October Growth Fund Heifer (pictured in late Feb)

October Niagara Heifer

October Growth Fund Bull Calf

October Fate heifer

October Process heifer

MO the growth fund calves are good, will moderate and add shape. The fates have been a pleasant surprise, mostly out of heifers with as much performance as the Growth Funds and Niagaras. Niagara heifers are mostly good, exactly what the neighbors accomplished with him. Bull calves disappointed pretty average (only a couple of them in his defense)

Pic one, she might not be the most stylish, but looks like she'll be a tank, which I like.
Growth Fund #2 and Process are both really nice. Niagara looks like a cow I have. At that age, a decent calf, but by 12 months the best in the group. Not real crazy about Fates. Not bad, just not as good as the others. Looks a little leggy.
Be interesting to see how the GF bull turns out, he has potential. Nice rear end.

Good job, post more pics in a few months. It's always fun to see how they develop, home runs from the start or late bloomers. Keeps it interesting.

All are nice but my favorites are the Growth Fund and the Niagara I look forward to seeing them as they develop. The Process heifer is nice just leggy and you know me I am not a leggy fan.

Good calves. My pick would be that Process. The legs don't bother me, because they will produce the kind of calves that the order buyers want around here.

thanks for the kind words. The growth fund doesn't have enough frame to stay a bull imo. probably sub 5 frame. he has more mass/volume and muscle shape than anything else this year. would make a good show steer. The growth fund females are really stylish and big enough.. I like them better than the niagara's at this point. I have flipped between the Niagara and the two growth funds as my favorite heifer this year depending on the day.. weaning in a month will know more then..

thanks for the kind words. The growth fund doesn't have enough frame to stay a bull imo. probably sub 5 frame. he has more mass/volume and muscle shape than anything else this year. would make a good show steer. The growth fund females are really stylish and big enough.. I like them better than the niagara's at this point. I have flipped between the Niagara and the two growth funds as my favorite heifer this year depending on the day.. weaning in a month will know more then..
He may be a bull for someone wanting to reduce frame. I agree he appears to have the qualities you mentioned. I wouldn't be too quick with the knife.